what would be the advantages? would you really see a difference? what would be needed?
No sir I got a used bottom end from a 2000 4.2 f150 and installed it in mineSN95V600 said:hey david so yours is still a 3.8?.....im might just end up building this thing by the end of the yr latest feb
im looking to purchase a used engine tear it apart have heads and lower intake sent off to get ported...do you think that might be cheaper?
i want the sc crank shaft but idk im still doing lots of research im doing forged internals for sure tho im gana get the kit from ssm its not that expensive if i get the money im looking forward to i will have maybe 4-5k to play with so that should be enough and hopefully il have the windstar intake bolted on there as well
No.. I pulled the motor from the f150 (bottom end) and dropped it in my car, never touched it...SN95V600 said:so u kept ur stock 3.8 block and put the 4.2 guts in there?
ok well il see how much i cant find just the 4.2 engine it self for
250-cam from kyle
port and polishing-need to price that from kyle if not see who i find locally
i have the windstar intake need to fabricate it tho
600-kmember from upr
gana try and squeez a 125 nos kit
what did u have to do for the 4.2 crank to fit or it just dropped in? fill me in man lol
Bottom end = block with internals, that's allSN95V600 said:ok well see i wanted to do that to so i can finally run a 4.2 and just tare apart the 3.8
so il read up on the 4.2 swap here in a bit
when you say bottom end your losing me lol a few things have to be swapped you did go threw that right?
you used your 3.8 heads and top end right?
did the ecu have to change or the stock 3.8 computer stays in do any of the wiring on the enige change at all?
Different clearances for the main caps/ oil pick up tubes I believeSN95V600 said:- 4.2 shortblock or longblock
- You can use the 4.2 heads
- Mustang upper and lower intake and fuel rail
- Mustang 3.8 water pump
- Auto trans = 4.2 or 01-up flexplate<--the little metal thing between engine and trans lmao--->
- 5spd = 01-up or rebalanced 3.8 (0 or neutral) flywheel and a pilot bearing
- V6 Mustang bellhousing
- Re-use your stock cam position sensor
- 01-up 3.8 oil pan
- 01-up 3.8 oil pick-up tube and screen
- 4.2 damper or 01-up 3.8 damper (use the 01 pulley for blower cars)<---wth is this the harmonic balancer---->
- Re-use the stock 3.8 oil pressure sender and tube
- Re-use the Mustang headers
- You can use the 4.2 or 3.8 dipstick. Just keep track of where 5 qts puts the mark when refilling with oil.
why do i have to use 01-and up oil pan from 3.8 my 00' wont fit?