Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cruising Craigslist looking for something more interesting than my 2014 base v6 17-inch wheels (see sig pic). Definitely don't want 19s, in fact I would be fine staying with 17s if they looked good. Anybody know if the 2005 wheels like in the attached picture are 17x7 or 17x8? Do they use the same lug nuts as the wheels I have now? How about TPMS sensors; will the ones off my 2014 wheels work? Finally, if they are 17x8, what tire size would work well to replace my 215/65R17s?

thanks in advance...

--rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I can answer that those pictured are 17x8. I think stock they ran 235/55/17 tires. Not sure what you can safely go up to tho

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can answer that those pictured are 17x8. I think stock they ran 235/55/17 tires. Not sure what you can safely go up to tho
Actually, looking closer at the Craigslist ad, the tire size you mentioned is exactly what's on them. Using an online tire size calculator, they come up .8 inch smaller in diameter than what I have, where 235/60s come up .1 inch larger. Sounds like a good baseline to work from. thanks!

anybody else know about interchangability of lug nuts or TPMS sensors there?

--rick

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Actually, looking closer at the Craigslist ad, the tire size you mentioned is exactly what's on them. Using an online tire size calculator, they come up .8 inch smaller in diameter than what I have, where 235/60s come up .1 inch larger. Sounds like a good baseline to work from. thanks!

anybody else know about interchangability of lug nuts or TPMS sensors there?

--rick
All the info I have shows that 1994 thru 2014 all have the same bolt pattern, stud size and center bore dia.

5 x114.3mm (4.5") - 1/2"x20mm - 70.3mm (2.77") respectively.

Never saw anything that would indicate a change in stem diameters.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Resurrecting an old thread here, in case anyone is interested...

Found a set of '07 or '08 (I guess) Bullitt-style GT wheels for cheap on Fleabay. Exactly the look I wanted.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts