Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo what up all. i didnt know where to post this but does anyone know if the 99+ 4.6L v8 will bolt on to the 99+ T5 tranny? i want to know cause i might be gettin a 99+ 6'er and i want to know if i can swap out the v6 in the future for a 4.6gt or even a cobra. im figuring the T5, T45 and T36** are the same bell housing pattern or not. i only say that cause i bought my tbird when i was yound thinkin it had the same 4.6 engine in the mustangs so i could soup it up but guess what, was i wrong. so im stuck with a pos tbird thats in the shop more than its on the road.
i just need a new car and im looking at the new stangs now more than ever, prolly cause i found the black widow body kit for them and i think it looks totally awesome. so thatll be my first mod if i do get the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The T-5 and T-45 are very similar, but i'm not sure if the 4.6 would bolt up to the T-5. I think the T-45's weren't used until the 99+ GT's, i'm not sure though I don't know much about Ford manual trannies

As for buying the sixer, if you're planning on swapping a 4.6 in there, just buy a GT. It's too much $$$ and work to swap, just for an extra 67 hp/70 ft lbs of torque. If you're going through that trouble, swap something bigger in there, or a new cobra engine

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
In a nut shell the easiest swap going from a V6 to a v8 is to find a 94-95 v6 and swapping in a 5.0. But really the best way if you already have a 96 + v6 is to find a wrecked GT or Cobra for a donor car and swap everything over including gauges, harnesses well just everything

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was thinking on getting a v6 for now and doing just exterior mods(body kit, rims.ect) and then later down the line doing the swap. i thought insurance would be cheaper for a v6 stang than a v8, but it seems the GT's arent that expensive insurance wise, only a 30$ a month difference. so ill probobly start looking for a 99+ GT with low mileage but if i do see a v6 for a good price and low mileage too ill pick it up also. either one will work for me. i do however get sooooo excited over the growl of my v8 that i cant really see myself without it. but ive heard some pretty sweet v6's exhaust on here so dont know. still looking........... :yes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
i would just buy the GT or cobra insted of v6 to being with. When you do the swap you have to upgrade the rear end too. I would just buy a 99+ GT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts