Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with my last mustang, when I installed my axle back, the hangers were touching the hanger rods from the axle back, which causes rattling and high pitched squeaking during different temperatures and RPM's. I finally found a super easy way to fix it. I went to my local hardware store (Lowes) and found this "Miracle Wrap" in the plumbing section. It's simply just a silicone wrap that sticks to itself and can withstand up to 500°F. You just cut a length of your desire, wrap it around the hanger rod at location of metal on metal contact, and bam, your rattle is gone. I think the wrap cost me no more than 10 bucks, which I got the XL pack. (Completely unnecessary) And it only took me about 10 minutes to wrap all 4 hangers. I highly suggest this method if dealing with stubborn exhaust rattles. I'm sure it can be used many different ways to solve many different problems. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1441637309.446183.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1441637636.411739.jpg

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Wowwww good find.. Thanks for sharing.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... ? ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Last year or so I put Hooker BlackHart axle backs on my car. For the past three months or so, the exhaust would make a rattle sound if I drove the car spiritedly. If I drove legit, I would not have the rattle. So I did research and obvious common since told me that it had something to do with axle backs. As part of my research, I discovered that the exhaust will expand under heat blah blah.

I had already checked the axle backs once, when the car was on ramps, but I didn't see anything weird but I did discover my pinion seal was leaking.... but I digress.

I checked again last week and I noticed the hangers closest to the bumper were to close to my hitch. So we have hangers too close, heat makes things expand..... 1+1=2 lol.

So I used the same product mentioned by YutStang and it's been several days and no rattle noise. If the material eventually wears out, for my application, I'll probably get some rubber tubing and slice one side and slip it on a zip tie it up.... I don't have to worry about heat as much so I think that would work great too.

:dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts