Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
sorry for so many msgs but if you follow those instructions and it does not turn on then check your fuse located under the hood in that fuse box. actually disconnect your battery while you do all this to avoid that issue
I think I already have that harness for the black speaker plug.

But will all my speakers power? The dealer I bought my car from had an aftermarket radio but no deck. Previous owner had the door speakers switched (the top tweeter plug was plugged into the bottom speaker, and the bottom speaker plug was plugged into the top tweeter) does that make sense?

I switched them back to normal. But Before I switched them back, I bought an aftermarket radio and hooked it up with the harness. I only got sound out of the bottom speakers in the front? Do u think since I changed the plugs back to normal now all speakers will work?

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Correct way to do it:

-Bug into the fusebox for the power/ground/dimmer and put a loom on it to make it look good. Rip out the factory rats nest of wires behind your dash. Remove any factory amp because they are ALL junk.
-Use good RCA cables, get a good aftermarket speaker amp and mount it under the seat or in the trunk or wherever.
-Run the headunit RCA to the amp, run quality speaker wire to a good set of speakers like Pioneers.
-0 Gauge cable from the battery to a subwoofer amp and a good quality sub/subs in the trunk and wire that in too.

And if you are just doing a basic setup like I have in my CSVT I deleted the factory amp, made my own bypass harness out of regular speaker wire and got rid of half the wiring that all went to the factory CSVT amp. Again the only thing plugged into the headunit in there is the power/dimmer/ground/antenna. Pioneer headunit built in amp sounds a million times better than the Ford amp ever did going to four 6x8 pioneer speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 460 system runs on 3 ohms. Aftermarket stuff won't sync up with it like you'd want. The reason is, they dont make aftermarket 3 ohm anything, and its not compatable with 1, 2, or 4 ohm speakers. It will work fot a little bit, but eventually the stock speakers will blow. If your gonna get rid of the 460, do it right and replace everything.
The 460 runs 8 ohms buddy

21 - 25 of 25 Posts