Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hats some quick and easy power gains for a 95 5.0?
Right now i have, cold air intake, fox body race intake, 75mm tb, 24lb injectors, matching mass air meter for 24lb injectors, a/c and air pump bypass, shorties off road h pipe magnaflow straight through race mufflers, 3.73 gears

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hats some quick and easy power gains for a 95 5.0?
Right now i have, cold air intake, fox body race intake, 75mm tb, 24lb injectors, matching mass air meter for 24lb injectors, a/c and air pump bypass, shorties off road h pipe magnaflow straight through race mufflers, 3.73 gears
Sounds like you already have the quick and easy mods, about all that are left are the slow, expensive, harder mods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a straight through racing intake but it's setup for a fox body, so you have to do the fox body swap with it swapping your throttle body sensors rerouting your vacuum lines and changing your throttle cable

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I ready about advancing it 15degrees, but I think my next step if I decide to keep it is a race ready cam an valve train set and aluminum race ready heads. I'll be in 900 for the cam set and 1500 for the heads. But the cam is a comp cam .580 lift .220 duration

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Its a straight through racing intake but it's setup for a fox body, so you have to do the fox body swap with it swapping your throttle body sensors rerouting your vacuum lines and changing your throttle cable
So you just have an older Fox Body intake, such as the Cobra on it and did away with the intake elbow found on the SN95's?
If so, sorry, but that's not going to make much difference over a regular SN95 intake.

Ya I ready about advancing it 15degrees, but I think my next step if I decide to keep it is a race ready cam an valve train set and aluminum race ready heads. I'll be in 900 for the cam set and 1500 for the heads. But the cam is a comp cam .580 lift .220 duration

Advancing the timing 15° is probably going to be to far and cause detonation or pinging. You want to avoid that as it can eventually destroy the engine.

You should install a factory engineered HCI (heads, cam & intake) kit instead of randomly choosing components. One of Trickflow's HCI kits will net you around 350 HP at the flywheel which is a good jump from the factory HP and all of the components are engineered and chosen to work together.

If you do not already have one, you should pick up a Chiltons manual for your car. It will have the specs and procedures to guide you through working on your engine, like setting your timing. If that is not done correctly the engine could run worse or not at all.

P.S. The things you are calling "race ready" are what a lot of us run on our cars all the time, on the track and off. They are just considered performance mods by most of us. :good:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a stock fox intake it's an aftermarket one. And yes I am getting a whole cam and valve train kit from comp cams it's timing chain all valve train everything I need minus heads. And the heads I'm debating on twisted wedges

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
There's a few different companies thake make complete top end kits. Heads and everything included. If you don't want to go F.I., Then that would be your next best option.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
It's not a stock fox intake it's an aftermarket one. And yes I am getting a whole cam and valve train kit from comp cams it's timing chain all valve train everything I need minus heads. And the heads I'm debating on twisted wedges
You are not understanding what I'm trying to tell you I think?

A "whole cam kit" is not the same thing as an HCI kit.
The HCI kit has the heads, cam & intake, all engineered and matched to work well together.

Randomly choosing components is using whatever intake you have, throwing in a Comp cam and maybe using Trick Flow heads. Those components have not been matched to work well together and most likely will not produce as good results as a matched HCI kit.
But, it is your car and your money to do as you wish, just trying to help you get the most for your money and not have to go through the mix and match, trial and error route.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you want a pic of cobra.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

And I get what your saying I was just saying cause there is a certain cam that I want and I have yet to come across it but I'm still looking

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Zackj1995 said:
What do you want a pic of cobra.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

And I get what your saying I was just saying cause there is a certain cam that I want and I have yet to come across it but I'm still looking
Your intake

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks, but I chose that intake because If I keep the car I am doing the hci an have plans for a super charger and maybe putting it on the bottle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts