Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy a k & n filter for my 2004 mustang. I can get a used one for 20 bucks w/ about 10k miles of wear, new one for bout 40, or a generic CAI system w/ a K & N filter for about 90 bucks. I was wondering if the entire system was worth the extra 50 bucks or if the filter, by itself, made most of the difference.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the majority of the gains is from getting rid of the "accordian" tube, i would get the cai, if its in the budget;)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
mine was like $45 shipped... a *itch to install, mainly just because she didn't wanna go in, but she's on, and on well... and very sweet

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
doesnt seem too bad, accept shipping seems high, wtf is up with sales tax, u in the same state?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah he's in SoCAl I'm in NorCal. How much faster should I expect to run?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
.1 is equivilant to about a whole car length isn't it? That's more than I expected. I think that's a lot.

What's a flux capasitor? How much are they? How do they work? Where can I get one? How much faster should I expect to run...1/4, hp gain, tq gain?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
megax29 said:
.1 is equivilant to about a whole car length isn't it? That's more than I expected. I think that's a lot.

What's a flux capasitor? How much are they? How do they work? Where can I get one? How much faster should I expect to run...1/4, hp gain, tq gain?
A tenth of a second isnt a ton, but it helps.

And if you dont know what a Flux Capasitor is, might I suggest watching the movie trilogy entitled "Back to the Future". ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back to the future is one of my all time favorite movies and my uncle said something bout him being able to rebuild a flux capasitor, you know of anyone else?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
megax29 said:
Back to the future is one of my all time favorite movies and my uncle said something bout him being able to rebuild a flux capasitor, you know of anyone else?
Are you serious?

A Flux Capasitor doesnt exist.... it was what enabled Doc to go back into the future in the movie....

Rellik was using it as a Joke :lol:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
megax29 said:
im sorry but thats goin in the sig

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude I knew you rellik was playing...just turned it back on you

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They don't go in the wheel. You install them on top of each piston...they used to pack an extra punch in every stroke generating greater amounts of energy=hp. And all this time I felt like the rookie, hmm

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey I got that muscle mustang & fast fords july issue where they feature an article on CryO2 for your super charger. I thought can I dothat to my CAI ? Will results be as good?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts