Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am going to get a cold air intake, and i know that most of you on here say to get the ones off of ebay. are they as reliable as other brands such as mac? also, i have just the k&n filter right now, if i put the cold air intake on would i tell a differance from what i have now? thanks a lot,

kyle

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
k8338j said:
hi, i am going to get a cold air intake, and i know that most of you on here say to get the ones off of ebay. are they as reliable as other brands such as mac? also, i have just the k&n filter right now, if i put the cold air intake on would i tell a differance from what i have now? thanks a lot,

kyle
you will see a minor difference its mainly for looks tho, and the ebay cais are basically just as good as macs accept in mac you are paying for the name, we have a thread on this that explains it well i will try and find it.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
me either :( never did :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just won an auction for a k & n filter and liveonspeed chrome tubing. I expect to receive it on Thursday and will use your how to install guide to help myself out. This will be my first engine mod...really excited. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
sweet, good luck on the install!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
As soon as Brent uploads the new CAI Article, it will cover what problems come inherent of a eBay CAI.

And since K8 lives in California, K8 should know that the ebay CAI's arent california smog complient. They do not have the carb number needed. so K8 will probably have to either buy a MAC CAI, or take out the ebay one and throw the stock indtuction back in when it comes time to smog the car.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
wtf? that friggin sucks! I hate california now! :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
WTF?!? Ebay CAIs are California smog complient? I'm also in CA, but am registered in TX. What does that mean besides that it won't pass the smog? Will my car smell bad? Is it noticeable w/o checking it w/ a machine?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
it wont smell different... it just wont pass inspections

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Gotta love the South..no emissions test, only test I gotta go through with my car is calling my buddy at the car shop and getting him to mail me another inspection sticker...wait, i didn't say that..ignore me

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
this smog stuff does anyshop do it? cuz i hear in the future every states gonna have tests and my dad owns a shop that does exhaust and other undercar stuff would he be able to do this testing?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ohhh well thats great, figuring i just put a bid on one, gosh dangit!!! i know about the smog tests n all but didnt know these will not pass. crap, i dunno what to do now cause i really dont want to have to take it out every time i have to smog the car.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
some people send stickers with them, like a mac cai i believe comes with a sticker or is supposed to anyways, with that sticker you would be all set

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
k8338j said:
ohhh well thats great, figuring i just put a bid on one, gosh dangit!!! i know about the smog tests n all but didnt know these will not pass. crap, i dunno what to do now cause i really dont want to have to take it out every time i have to smog the car.
there easy to take off and install agin dont even worry its not like you have to do it every day its evry couple of years

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Falcon said:
this smog stuff does anyshop do it? cuz i hear in the future every states gonna have tests and my dad owns a shop that does exhaust and other undercar stuff would he be able to do this testing?
here in cali you have to get certified to do that but its not that hard to get crtifed your dad can prolly get certified in a giffy

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
k8338j said:
how could i get one???
in cali i have no idea, ive never had to encounter that, maybe 232stang or someone else could help ya there. sorry about that

1 - 20 of 28 Posts