Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know besides the cost is there a big difference in performance between the MAC CAI and the one you can get from EBay. I just ordered one and it should be here any day now. But one of my friends, who thinks he is a big car gooroo said I am just wasting my money on an off brand CAI. I should of spent the money on the MAC. Plaese any input will help. Did I make a bad decision? Thanks for all of your help...

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you didn't but it from us you wasted your money. But in all fairness it should work just fine. But don't tell anyone I siad that.

Man, I really hate those Ebay CAI people. :x

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I would have gone with mac because I want to make sure the thing actually fits. I dont want to buy something and then have to modiy it to fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ill tell you

well, i have the same year mustang as one of my friends. He has a MAC cold air intake, and i have one i bought off ebay. They are a little different. this is how... The MAC fits better, the pipe that connects to the filter turns so that the filter goes into the fender easier. his was much simpler to install. the MAC also has better connections for the wires goig the the ingine (MAS and such.).

Mine, however, (the ebay one, came with a nicer, high flow filter, and was cheaper. It still fits and connects just fine, just is more difficult to install. you may have to buy a few connections at the hardware store so the o2 sensors will stay on nice and tight. installing the larger filter, which goes into the fenderwell and will be literally touching against your fender because its in so tight, is harder to install. However, the ebay one, sice it has a higher flow filter, sounds nicer. you can hear it sucking the air into the filter from the fender via the passenger side of the interior while you are driving. Yes, the cheaper one sound better. As far as we can tell, there is no power difference between the two, and they look pretty much exactly the same once installed.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Extreme Effects.com said:
You hate their products, the businesses, or the people who buy them?

Anyway,

The differences are the brand name, and the filter size/type.

The Ebay Filters are made by Holley, and are Blue

Where as MAC / BBK use filters from K&N.

A lot of questions can be answered from this article...
http://www.v6stangs.com/v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Donny B said:
I just wanted to know besides the cost is there a big difference in performance between the MAC CAI and the one you can get from EBay. I just ordered one and it should be here any day now. But one of my friends, who thinks he is a big car gooroo said I am just wasting my money on an off brand CAI. I should of spent the money on the MAC. Plaese any input will help. Did I make a bad decision? Thanks for all of your help...
No, "performance" difference.
Its all money adn brand names.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I have a mac in great condition and when I install the Vortech I am going to have a contest on the board to have a chance to win my MAC CAI

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Dude, be sure to email me or something when you do that

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Rellik said:
You hate their products, the businesses, or the people who buy them?
It's the people that sell them.
I have no problem with the people who buy them.
Good thing.... I was begining to think that you hated me ;)

BTW, Steve, have you seen the CAI article that I wrote. You may be interested in reading it. :) Especially the bottom parts :)

http://www.v6stangs.com/v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/

(Shameful Sponsor plugs :) )

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Evin no one hate you !!!! ;) ;)
I would hate to have to prove you wrong Corey. Lets jsut say there are a few people in this world who would rather see me in this world instead on on it.

Murphy's Law...

If you Try to please everyone... No one will like it.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rellik said:
Danger Dude said:
Evin no one hate you !!!! ;) ;)
I would hate to have to prove you wrong Corey. Lets jsut say there are a few people in this world who would rather see me in this world instead on on it.

Murphy's Law...

If you Try to please everyone... No one will like it.
Evin I dont know what to say other than you are probably the easiest person to get along with on the forums at least. I dont know maybe in person you are Jack the ripper (if you are I dont want to know) HAHAHAHAHAHA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts