Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Same Issue

I'm having the same issue. My car is NOT throwing any codes. However, when I get the emissions tested, it says my o2s are "not ready". I have been trying to fix this since May, 2019. I have put in a new ECU and new rear o2s. My 02 heater is showing "ready". It is just my o2 sensors saying "not ready". Has anyone found a fix for this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
A previous owner most likely tuned the car and the tune is preventing the readiness. He may have accidently forgot to include the tuner device for future owners. ?..You will have to pay a dealer to reflash the stock tune back into the ecm.... It happens...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am also having a similar problem. 2014 GT with JLT CAI, Ford Throttle Body, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, and Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust. I already contacted Bama and they created a stock tune where all the monitors should be on.

I brought it to the DMV and it failed emissions with the following:
Engine Misfire: READY
Fuel System: READY
Comprehensive Component: READY
Catalytic Converters: NOT READY
Heated Catalytic Converters: UNSUPPORTED
Evaporative System: READY
Secondary Air Injection: UNSUPPORTED
A/C Refrigerant: UNSUPPORTED
Oxygen Sensors: NOT READY
Oxygen Sensors - Heaters: NOT READY
EGR Systems: READY

Does anyone have any ideas? I heard it's possibly because of the intake monifold?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
You cannot run those mods on the stock tune. Impossible. Your problem is the Bama **** ass tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To clarify, the BAMA tune is not 100% stock. From what I was told, it is adjusted to allow the CAI and manifold to remain on the car, while still having all sensors on in order to pass the emissions test. Is this not a possible thing to do? I have none of the stock parts so I would have to buy them all in order to run the actual stock tune.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
To clarify, the BAMA tune is not 100% stock. From what I was told, it is adjusted to allow the CAI and manifold to remain on the car, while still having all sensors on in order to pass the emissions test. Is this not a possible thing to do? I have none of the stock parts so I would have to buy them all in order to run the actual stock tune.
What you are asking yes it is possible to run the stock parameters for emissions while using that CAI and manifold. However Bama does NOT have the capability to do it. Bama is the Walmart of tuning.

Reactions: crjackson2134
21 - 28 of 28 Posts