Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Same Issue

I'm having the same issue. My car is NOT throwing any codes. However, when I get the emissions tested, it says my o2s are "not ready". I have been trying to fix this since May, 2019. I have put in a new ECU and new rear o2s. My 02 heater is showing "ready". It is just my o2 sensors saying "not ready". Has anyone found a fix for this?

·
Registered
209 Posts
A previous owner most likely tuned the car and the tune is preventing the readiness. He may have accidently forgot to include the tuner device for future owners. ?..You will have to pay a dealer to reflash the stock tune back into the ecm.... It happens...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I am also having a similar problem. 2014 GT with JLT CAI, Ford Throttle Body, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, and Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust. I already contacted Bama and they created a stock tune where all the monitors should be on.

I brought it to the DMV and it failed emissions with the following:
Engine Misfire: READY
Fuel System: READY
Comprehensive Component: READY
Catalytic Converters: NOT READY
Heated Catalytic Converters: UNSUPPORTED
Evaporative System: READY
Secondary Air Injection: UNSUPPORTED
A/C Refrigerant: UNSUPPORTED
Oxygen Sensors: NOT READY
Oxygen Sensors - Heaters: NOT READY
EGR Systems: READY

Does anyone have any ideas? I heard it's possibly because of the intake monifold?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
You cannot run those mods on the stock tune. Impossible. Your problem is the Bama **** ass tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To clarify, the BAMA tune is not 100% stock. From what I was told, it is adjusted to allow the CAI and manifold to remain on the car, while still having all sensors on in order to pass the emissions test. Is this not a possible thing to do? I have none of the stock parts so I would have to buy them all in order to run the actual stock tune.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
To clarify, the BAMA tune is not 100% stock. From what I was told, it is adjusted to allow the CAI and manifold to remain on the car, while still having all sensors on in order to pass the emissions test. Is this not a possible thing to do? I have none of the stock parts so I would have to buy them all in order to run the actual stock tune.
What you are asking yes it is possible to run the stock parameters for emissions while using that CAI and manifold. However Bama does NOT have the capability to do it. Bama is the Walmart of tuning.

Reactions: crjackson2134

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I stand corrected......

Reactions: crjackson2134

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 GT with a CAI and Bama Tune, and the car has failed to emissions tests (O2 censor and cat converter). I have driven a whole tank of gas on the car, and I have the bama street tune programmed currently. Does the street tune stop the sensors of being reset? Should I restore the stock tune, then drive another tank?

·
Registered
209 Posts
...as easy as installing the stock tune and waiting for the ready status for the emissions test to pass it. Use your tuner to check for OBD2 completion readiness.?. It may take a couple of days of typical driving to complete the drive cycles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, but as I have a custom Cold Air Intake (Air raid), is it still ok to reprogram back to original settings? If i do that without the original air intake, is there a danger of maybe hurting the engine??

·
Registered
209 Posts
What are your choices.? It already had a cold air intake as stock. I'm guessing you threw out the OEM unit.? Another reason to hang onto the original pieces. You never know when you'll need to put things back to 'legal trim'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What you are asking yes it is possible to run the stock parameters for emissions while using that CAI and manifold. However Bama does NOT have the capability to do it. Bama is the Walmart of tuning.
Well I've now switched to a Lund tune, which I've been running for about 4 months now. Still can't get the Cats or O2 sensors to ready. Tried all the drive cycle suggestions and still nothing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
An aftermarket tune, on its own, will prevent readiness for an emission test 98-99% of the time. If the emissions dude is worth his salt, he can see tail tell signs of the overlying tune and knows that by fudging he can lose his certification...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So you're basically saying I have a 1% chance to pass and no one with an aftermarket tune has monitors showing ready?
Did you call lund and asked them to confirm if their tunes do indeed help cause O2 a d cats not to ready? Do they have any recommendations?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let's put it this way. Reload the stock tune and then you can pass emissions. Of course you'll need the sensors to be reading proper working stock'ish parameters from stock acting equipment.... Aftermarket tunes are for off road use and not 'legal'. In the federal mandatory emissions world of reality. Some states have a visual examination required. Some techs have to actually check to see if there are obvious modifications anywhere in the systems. Mess with exhaust, intake and electrical systems and you make the car, technically, federally illegal. Enforcement varies from state to state. Of course. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Well I've now switched to a Lund tune, which I've been running for about 4 months now. Still can't get the Cats or O2 sensors to ready. Tried all the drive cycle suggestions and still nothing.
What did Lund have to say?
An aftermarket tune, on its own, will prevent readiness for an emission test 98-99% of the time. If the emissions dude is worth his salt, he can see tail tell signs of the overlying tune and knows that by fudging he can lose his certification...
Unfortunately this is true.
So you're basically saying I have a 1% chance to pass and no one with an aftermarket tune has monitors showing ready?
Basically yes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In speaking with Lund, they obviously couldn't guarantee that the car would pass, but they did make sure all sensors were turned on in the tune and it was possible to pass. I cannot run a stock tune with the mods that are on the car now, I've already tried that but the Boss intake manifold won't work without a tune.

So now I'm definitely stumped and not sure how to proceed.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts