Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u dont need to access your PCM to get codes but u do need a scan tool and the knowledge to use it u hook it up to the DLC umder the dash on the drivers side and i dont recomed a chip untill u have enough mods to get one because if u do any more mods u might need to get another one to to every thing working right but if thats all the mods u want to do and u have an auto beacause it changes the shift points and u want to spend the money then go ahead i would recomend changing your rear end gears to 3.73 that will give u the most bang for the buck but u will have to rcallibrate your your speedometer to get the correct readings do waste money on a chip change your gears

·
Registered
151 Posts
u dont need to access your PCM to get codes but u do need a scan tool and the knowledge to use it u hook it up to the DLC umder the dash on the drivers side and i dont recomed a chip untill u have enough mods to get one because if u do any more mods u might need to get another one to to every thing working right but if thats all the mods u want to do and u have an auto beacause it changes the shift points and u want to spend the money then go ahead i would recomend changing your rear end gears to 3.73 that will give u the most bang for the buck but u will have to rcallibrate your your speedometer to get the correct readings do waste money on a chip change your gears

:shock:

wow. . . thats a long sentence, breath man, breath

:oops:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
heramb22 said:
I'm definitely going to get it custom burned, was just wondering if any JMS, diablo, superchip, fordchip, ... would work.

Any of those will work fine. They all custom burn them.
DIfferent people want different things.
Fordchip may be good but they take 8 years to do anyhting.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts