Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed one on my 2011 5.0(MT82/3.73)and just wanted to see what other people's experiences with the kit are.

I have the canned tune Edelbrock sent me, I'm experiencing slight surging under light throttle in low gear, but it does it in 3rd/4th also if I'm not going wot. Is this normal? I've read that some people have experiences the same problem and it's the tune's fault.

As far as the performance goes, it really hauls ass in 3rd & 4th under wot but I'm kinda disappointed with the power in 1st & 2nd, I guess I was expecting more down low with this being a roots style blower. Maybe a custom tune can fix that?

One thing I'm looking forward to is growing the power with some more mods as my car is bone stock besides the blower and a Steeda suspension with lowering springs.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I almost bought one of the stage II kits, but my tuner/installer talked me into doing the Roush Phase 3.

I’m pretty sure your issues can all be handled with a good tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost bought one of the stage II kits, but my tuner/installer talked me into doing the Roush Phase 3.

I’m pretty sure your issues can all be handled with a good tune.
Yeah a Roush kit is what I was leaning towards when I was shopping around, but Beefcake was practically giving this Edelbrock kit away so I bought it at a ridiculously low price.

Do you know anything about blower IATs, what's a good temp/bad temp to see on the tuner gauge?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Do you know anything about blower IATs, what's a good temp/bad temp to see on the tuner gauge?
Not enough to be giving advice, and only what I read. It’s my understanding that the heat exchanger with that kit is very inadequate, but again, that’s just what I’ve read. I think that’s the general consensus with nearly all kit packages.

I ordered the VMP Triple pass HE to be installed from the start. Mine isn’t installed yet, but I’m pretty sure a good tune will raise your satisfaction level 100%. Mine is getting a Dyno/road tune during the install.

I’ve had several tunes from various vendors. I really good tune will give you a ton more torque at the bottom even without a blower.

Get a real tune ASAP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not enough to be giving advice, and only what I read. It’s my understanding that the heat exchanger with that kit is very inadequate, but again, that’s just what I’ve read. I think that’s the general consensus with nearly all kit packages.

I ordered the VMP Triple pass HE to be installed from the start. Mine isn’t installed yet, but I’m pretty sure a good tune will raise your satisfaction level 100%. Mine is getting a Dyno/road tune during the install.

I’ve had several tunes from various vendors. I really good tune will give you a ton more torque at the bottom even without a blower.

Get a real tune ASAP.
Oh man I've been eyeballing that VMP heat exchanger you got. From what I've read it's one of the best on the market. It looks like you're going to have a killer setup.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh man I've been eyeballing that VMP heat exchanger you got. From what I've read it's one of the best on the market. It looks like you're going to have a killer setup.
At least decent anyway, prolly not killer grade.... Yet...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts