Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im starting to look at superchargers. has anyone put on an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger? do you like it?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I've heard really good things about the e force. It's a little more money but it's well engineered and I've never heard one failing. Also they have a nice bypass system for highway cruising.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that is the same things ive heard so fair. i like the idea of the bypass because this is my daily driver

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Would love to have one. I've heard they have every single item you need to install and the installation instructions are good. Actually you can look at the full instructions on their website.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im just trying to figure out which supercharger will give me the performance and wont destroy my gas mileage. ive looked into kenne bell, whipple and the e-force. im looking for opinions or experiences you all have had with them.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Heavy and expensive that's all I heard about them, can't go wrong with a kb

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
It will be more efficient than the kb or the whipple and won't quite make as much power. That said it will also offer the best daily driver experience and will offer great performance benefits. It's also a complete setup and if I wanted a nice 425 hp kit its probably what I would do.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Stang.racr said:
Heavy and expensive that's all I heard about them, can't go wrong with a kb
+1in a big way... if the kit was truly complete they would include new front struts to handle allll the extra weight lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well if you plan on big horsepower someday then whipple and kenne bell will be the better choice. The e force will only push so much boost before its maxed out

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well if you plan on big horsepower someday then whipple and kenne bell will be the better choice. The e force will only push so much boost before its maxed out
The E-force is a 2.3L TVS blower the same size as a whipple it also has a 110 cubic inch intercooler one of the largest on the market today. The E-Force makes good HP #s at just 5 psi of boost to start with but you can get pulleys to bump that up to 17 psi if you want so it should more then keep up with a Whipple or even out perform a whipple at the same boost levels.
The Kennie Bell is a 2.6L Blower so it will be the king of the hill so to speak.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The E-force will probably do what you want if you're keeping the internals stock. You can only push between 450 and 500 RWHP with stock internals and 500 is really pushing it. The KB is much better, but only if you are going to use it later or have the extra cash for the best.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
The E-force will probably do what you want if you're keeping the internals stock. You can only push between 450 and 500 RWHP with stock internals and 500 is really pushing it. The KB is much better, but only if you are going to use it later or have the extra cash for the best.
true story, I blew 2 stock motors, scattered them really right around the 500 rwhp mark..

·
Registered
45 Posts
What kind of torque are you pushing with the KB?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts