Mustang Evolution Forum banner

EEC Forum

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alberto the owner of americanmotorsport.com wants a EEC Forum. I can see how it would be useful but I can also see them asking these questions in the respective Engine Forums.

Going to put it up to a vote for you guys. Vote must win by 3 or more votes to be put into effect.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I have no problems with that at all. I frequent V6Power from time to time and Alberto has become very active. I think it is a good Idea and especially if he stays around to answers questions. I say 2 thumbs up:good: :good:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I think an EEC forum would be more useful becasue a) all EEC's work the same, so questions pertaining to the EEC don't really pertain to each individual car, and b) it would be easier for me to monitor it and answer questions. Also, all can learn from the different posts, as all different car owners would be vising the same forum.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Fine with me...I don't think we should endorce any certain brand of chip though.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I dont know Rick I think with the lead in technology SCT has jumped to at this time I would not recommend any other chip. Now on the other side of that is the dealers. I think if a dealer is a partner on our forum ans a paying advertiser I see know problem with recommending them either.

Which reminds me last fall I went to several vendors and suppliers to recruitment them to partner on our site and advertise. I got RPM on board and was close to getting Terry at midwest but he has not come to the plate yet. On the other hand Justin with Velocity turned it down and Pete (Fordchip) never materialized. So In my opinion whoever decides to partner with us and is a a SCT tuner/dealer gets my business and recommendation

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I not only use SCT, but was actually involved in the pre-production and develoment of the SCT software. I have been using it even in prototype form for years before it came out, and thus have more experience than most of the dealers that recently aquired the ability to use it. I have worked with FordChip and Inject-Tech (one of the founding parents of SCT), and I was also the one who tuned the Twin Turbo Mach 1. My datalogging equipment also allows me the ability to monitor the EEC real-time.

By the way, at this time, Brent and I have made arrangements for me to be the official chip-maker of Mustang-Forums.com and a paid advertiser. I will be around to answer any questions and offer my advice.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well there you go. I guess that will seal that up. Good to have you aboard Alberto. Back when you were with Fordchip most of my email contact was thru you. I was tuned last Nov at the SCT event at Team Ford in Marietta Ga by Jerry. and the car is running great

·
Registered
27 Posts
Excellent. Great to hear that. If you ever need changes, I have access to all of Jerry's files to start from, for old customers.

I also see that last year you had made a post regarding whether to contact me or Pete at FC. Just to explain, what used to happen is that I was in charge of all the tech support and customer support, and Pete all of the shipping. Often times a customer, like you, would ask for a delivery date, I was unable to get an accurate answer from Pete. Then, when he contacted you directly, he gave you a a date...Now, I can make sure something leaves when I want it to. As a matter of policy, I try to get every order out on the same day or the next day. I also respond to all communicatyions on teh same day, and usually within an hour or two, during business hours. So you get the same great tuning, and faster service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You probably won't need a reburn for aftermarket heads. The MAF will compensate for the additional airflow.

By the way, if your EEC was flashed, I also have the ability to reflash...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sounds fine with me, we have always tried to work with our sponsors when we can, and SCT is really about the ONLY chip as far as I am concerned now.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rick0636 said:
Fine with me...I don't think we should endorce any certain brand of chip though.
We have a exclusive deal with AmericanMotorsport.com to push his chips on our site.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's Alberto ;)

Thanks Brent. I've gone ahead and made my introductory post. I also just sent you a note.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
americanmotorsport.com said:
That's Alberto ;)

Thanks Brent. I've gone ahead and made my introductory post. I also just sent you a note.
haha sorry saw Zach call you Bert. Glad to have you on board man

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, I know. He's local and I've known him for a bit, so he tries to tease me with that.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
i think its a good idea

1 - 20 of 27 Posts