Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, on my way to work, a damn F350 Superduty flung up a 2x4. I was able to swerve out of it's direct path, but it scuffed my right fender!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :(

the scuff is about 3/4" tall and about 3" long, just above my wheelwell.

Any suggestions on how to get the damn thing off? :-?

·
Registered
800 Posts
can ya show a picture, it may help us in this ordeal....

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
did you try buffing it out yet? thatd be my suggestion

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
rubbing compound, buffing, if that doesnt fix it then you gonna have to paint it or live with it....

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
yep what SpectorV said. Go to the wal-mart and pic up some turtle wax rubbing compound and work in small areas if it is a scuff it will take it out.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
umm I would use Meguiars rubbing compound or some 3M rubbing compound, I have found those work really well (thats for the normal person to buy) :headbang:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All right, no jokes about how my car is filthy! She's getting a bath tomorrow morning :D

And thank you for the suggestions. I will have to pick up some more rubbing compound... seeing how my dad's compound is like 4 years old and hard as a rock :(

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
it will come out, I used compound on a mark left by a trailor hitch and it came right out

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
umm I would use Meguiars rubbing compound or some 3M rubbing compound, I have found those work really well (thats for the normal person to buy) :headbang:
rubbing compoud is rubbing compound. I have used Turtle Wax for 20 years and it has not let me down. dont get caught up in the name game. I dont use Turtle wax autowax. When you are through buffing out the scuff wash the area and use a polishing wax. Most of the detailer and car people I know use turtle wax rubbing compound and it can be found anywhere cheap

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Fishers Stang said:
rubbing compoud is rubbing compound. I have used Turtle Wax for 20 years and it has not let me down. dont get caught up in the name game. I dont use Turtle wax autowax. When you are through buffing out the scuff wash the area and use a polishing wax. Most of the detailer and car people I know use turtle wax rubbing compound and it can be found anywhere cheap
OK dude, use what u want. I just gave what I use. I HATE turtle wax.. But what do I know.......... Thanks Meguiars, :p

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I would buy some 3M perfect it II rubbing compound (i dont have the exact number) but make SURE its clear coat safe, i used turtle wax compound and made my scratches FAR worse... just what ever you use make sure its not extremly abrasive, i would rather go over somethign 10 times with less abrasive than 1 time with a really abrasive compound.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts

YES I know the pics not good, Its 37* out side, and i took the pic with the cam on the lowest setting., this is what i use.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
that not what i have but may be the same mine is old, it say 3M perfect it II polish compound clear coat safe, tis got a number on it but i am not at home. 3M makes good stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
yeah they do, :headbang:
Edit, I might have what you have also, this was just the first one i saw when i grabed it out of rubbing compound. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts