Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 92 gt. The guy that owned it before me bypassed the egr. He plugged 2 of the lines at the connector. There is still a green and red line that is not plugged and the hose that comes from the egr and the other line that looks like it goes to the intake is open. Does this sound right.
My car has an idle that is a little high when u let off the gas. It raises to about 1800. After about 20 seconds the rpm will go back down to normal.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Have a 92 gt. The guy that owned it before me bypassed the egr. He plugged 2 of the lines at the connector. There is still a green and red line that is not plugged and the hose that comes from the egr and the other line that looks like it goes to the intake is open. Does this sound right.
My car has an idle that is a little high when u let off the gas. It raises to about 1800. After about 20 seconds the rpm will go back down to normal.
Any vacuum lines that go to the source (intake) should be capped off.
The EGR valve should be removed and the mounting surface capped off with a plate.
Then you use an EGR Eliminator to trick the ECU into thinking it is still there.

See the:
Useful Mustang Information Sites thread for idle issue fixes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts