Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I dont know I have not had the time really check it out. It feels different and Anytime you do away with heat you are doing good!!!

I would say it is worth it for the little cost of the mod

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
What'd you do just seal off the hole in your upper and the hole in your header then just delete the function with a chip? Or is there an actual chip? I have mine deleted but havn't gotten my car tuned to remove the actual EGR function. Now I have a check engine light...

·
Registered
676 Posts
stupid question what is an ERG and what does it do?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculator. It takes exhaust Gas and heats the Air going into the combustion chamber to help prevent engine knock with low grade fuel and it also helps in a small way to redirect exhaust gases to reburn. Actually if you live in a area with good gas this is not a worry but if you live in places like California with crummy low grade fuel you might start using mid or Premium if you get rid of the EGR system. Also remember some places will fail you if the EGR is not there even though it would pass the emission test.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Well could you leave the EGR in the engine and just block off both holes and noone wouild even know or do you think they check on the chip?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hm..now that I know what an egr is...I may do this also lol

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You will get a power increase especially when you do engine mods or use good gas. I will be dynoing soon and will post my results.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It just makes it to where your engine breathes better pretty much right? No recirculating exhaust is a good thing

·
Registered
676 Posts
Danger Dude said:
You will get a power increase especially when you do engine mods or use good gas. I will be dynoing soon and will post my results.
noticable?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I am not sure My car is already pretty fast. I do notice the car throttle responce is a bit better. The thing is the EGR puts heat into he intake and engine and that is something it does not need unless you have crapppy gas where you live.

·
Registered
47 Posts
im not an expert but i put long tube headers on my v6 caped the passenger side headder with a 1.50 screw on cap from home depot , cut out a ceral box to the shape of the return that goes to the engine at the manifold with some gasket sealer on it. The headers gave me an improvement so i dont know if the egr delete is a true a power gain? no lights came on. i thought it just recirculates gases / fuel that wasnt burnt to help emissions. ....any way no lights came on and car seems to like it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I made the delete kit for Corey just so you all know!! :D You can buy them from me at my store. :D

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
tis ok!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts