Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
frank07stanggt said:
Anyone know what size of a plug I need to put in my header to block off the stupid egr hole on my header?
Honestly you will not find a cap at any hardware or parts store. I got mine on eBay for like 20 bucks shipped. Look up egr delete

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I bought brass plugs and caps for my cars at Homedepot and they are doing good. Just either put some high temp gasket maker or thread sealer on them and tighten them up. I havent had any issues.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taylor98gt said:
do you plug the hole in the throttle body where the egr went in?
Yeah I have the block off plate for the back of the blower but I have nothing to block off the hole in the header.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mathew r Wright said:
Here's my question why delete it what's the purpose? What's the ups and downs of it?
The upside is pretty much it gets rid of a bunch of vacuum hoses and cleans up the engine bay. The egr is just an emissions control system to keep exhaust fumes down. It recirculates exhaust back into the intake.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Egr recycles hot exhaust gas to the throttle body to heat the air temperature coming into the intake manifold. This helps emmissions but hurts performance. Removing it see an improvement in HP and torque.

·
Registered
470 Posts
2000steeda029 said:
Egr recycles hot exhaust gas to the throttle body to heat the air temperature coming into the intake manifold. This helps emmissions but hurts performance. Removing it see an improvement in HP and torque.
Oh ok I see thanks guys...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mathew r Wright said:
Yah I see, I actually just found a kit if anyone is looking for one. The kit can be bought from lethal performance for $30.00 so go check it out...
I bought a piece of aluminum from a scrap yard for 2 dollars and had enough to make 5 of those delete plates. Lol. Just need the cap for the header.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
frank07stanggt said:
I bought a piece of aluminum from a scrap yard for 2 dollars and had enough to make 5 of those delete plates. Lol. Just need the cap for the header.
Brass caps or plugs from homedepot is what I used with no issues just make sure you use thread sealer on the threads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts