Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a throttle body spacer and when installing the freakin egr valve was a pain what is involved in deleting it or can you?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hey guys I got a throttle body spacer and when installing the freakin egr valve was a pain what is involved in deleting it or can you?
getting a block off spacer for the egr, and also getting a plug for where the piping goes to on the exhaust. after that mostly its the check engine will be on for egr delete which a tune can take care of. if i forget anything im sorry its been a while since i did one, and i have yet to do it on my gt. so i will be googling it lol.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
getting a block off spacer for the egr, and also getting a plug for where the piping goes to on the exhaust. after that mostly its the check engine will be on for egr delete which a tune can take care of. if i forget anything im sorry its been a while since i did one, and i have yet to do it on my gt. so i will be googling it lol.
What are the benefits of deleting the EGR?? Anything worth while?? Or even worth doing it??

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Prevent exhaust from entering the intake. Normal operation is exhaust sucked in by egr for reburning of unburnt fuel and also warms the air goin in to cool down the cylinders as cylimders run at 1500 degrees intake air enters around 150 or so. Pretty much egr delete im my perspective keeps the cold air coming in cold. However im waitin on cliffyk to chime in and give the full description and y we have it and benefits of deleting he explains and breaks it down much better than i can

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Prevent exhaust from entering the intake. Normal operation is exhaust sucked in by egr for reburning of unburnt fuel and also warms the air goin in to cool down the cylinders as cylimders run at 1500 degrees intake air enters around 150 or so. Pretty much egr delete im my perspective keeps the cold air coming in cold. However im waitin on cliffyk to chime in and give the full description and y we have it and benefits of deleting he explains and breaks it down much better than i can
Aww oh ok I see makes sense, and yeah I love when cliffy explains things, I always learn something new :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
From my experience there isnt really a performance gain to be had with an egr delete. Its whole purpose is to reduce emissions. While deleting it may infact give you a few degrees cooler intake charge its not enough to notice a performance gain on most cars. The biggest contributor to lowering intake air temprature is reducing "heat soak" that the engine creates naturaly. The easiest way to reduce heat soak is changing intake materials to materials that dont heat up as much as others. Even still reducing heat soak is no comparison for lots and lots of air so bigger intakes and intake pipes etc are where your big performance gains are at.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I would be doing it more for the appearance hp gains are minimal to zero I just wanted to figure out how to go about it the right way.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thats cool, im so performance minded that sometimes I forget about the cosmetic aspect of doing somthing to a car. However I do like the aspect of a sleeper and contimplate appearance in that aspect all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts