Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i get the wonderfull check engine light. I take it to autozone and get "EGR flow insufficent."

The dude resets the code and the light goes off.

about an hour or 2 later i am at a red light, i pull off a little low on rpms and the car sputters and the light comes back on.

The car drives fine with the exception of that little sputter its getting when i try to pull off at low rpms.

i have CAI and dual exhaust 2.25" X pipe. Any suggustions?

Do you think it is safe for me to take the car on a road trip to NC this weekend?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same problem on my 00 5spd v6. Its because u have dual exhaust. I just got an egr delete from stylin97v6 and the sputter at low rpms went away and my car ran perfect after that. If u dont get a chip the check engine light will still be on, but if u can live with the light being on (like i am doing) then it doesnt matter wether its on or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hold on...

This may be caused by a sensor going bad. Ford released a TSB on this last year - they extended the warranty on it for an additional year beyond .

I had the same problem and the dealer replaced it for free - and didn't say a word about my mods.

I'll see if I can find the TSB # and let you know what it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts