Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I deleted my egr. Are the two hoses on top of the spacer some kind of coolant? If so, what do they cool? Do I need them if my egr isn't hooked up?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I got the mil eliminator. Gonna hold off on a tune until I get a fresh short block and top end kit after the first of the year. If its not affecting anything, I'll just wait until teardown. Thanks man!

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So I deleted my egr. Are the two hoses on top of the spacer some kind of coolant? If so, what do they cool? Do I need them if my egr isn't hooked up?
Rubber caps on the spacer and use pipe plugs or fittings to plug the outlets on the tube and intake. Trying to use vacuum caps there is a mistake. Someone doing just that is how I bought my car as cheaply as I did. They were leaking and they thought it had blown a head gasket.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
How absolutely necessary is the tune if you eliminate the egr?
It's not necessary. You can use the CEL Eliminator to turn off the light.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Does the tune simply turn the light out or does it help the computer run properly without it installed? Mine is eliminated as described above, I'm just curious because I don't have a tune.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both. When the computer thinks the egr ain't there, it will go into a closed loop. It will be trying to compensate for a problem, messing with the a/f ratio.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Does the tune simply turn the light out or does it help the computer run properly without it installed? Mine is eliminated as described above, I'm just curious because I don't have a tune.
It just eliminates/disables the EGR CEL. The ECU will tune itself to take advantage of the cooler air flow through the intake and changes in the exhaust gasses as sampled by the O2 sensors.

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
67mustang97 said:
Why would you eliminate the EGR? Do you gain power?
You are basically circulating hot coolant in there causing the temps to rise in the air going in. By eliminating the egr you are getting cooler air to enter the intake. Cooler air = more power

Granted it won't be that noticeable of a difference in power if any at all.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
90mustangLX said:
You are basically circulating hot coolant in there causing the temps to rise in the air going in. By eliminating the egr you are getting cooler air to enter the intake. Cooler air = more power

Granted it won't be that noticeable of a difference in power if any at all.
I think you're getting the coolant line in the spacer and egr a tad mixed up. Lol

The egr isn't open under acceleration, only while cruising and idle. There isn't any proven data of gained hp but it does clean up the engine bay. :good:

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
93slowstang said:
I think you're getting the coolant line in the spacer and egr a tad mixed up. Lol

The egr isn't open under acceleration, only while cruising and idle. There isn't any proven data of gained hp but it does clean up the engine bay. :good:
Doh! Yup, was reading coolant and line and spacer, my bad lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts