Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one on here know anything about an EGR delete?.. And if so any pros and cons about it?..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
I posted the same question on TMS forum. I was told the only change was a cleaner intake and tb/plenum. It does reduce the visual clutter. But it requires a tune so it doesnt throw a code.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about it throwing a code!.. I've got a DiabloSport tuner I can turn it off with!.. Just curious if there were any type of performance gains at all!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Eturner said:
I'm not worried about it throwing a code!.. I've got a DiabloSport tuner I can turn it off with!.. Just curious if there were any type of performance gains at all!..
Not that I've heard but google it. Maybe it will come up with something better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torrbo916 said:
Not that I've heard but google it. Maybe it will come up with something better.
Ya I've been working on that and haven't really seen anything yet!.. Just kits you can use and how to's!.. Nothing as to any gains or loses!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Eturner said:
Ya I've been working on that and haven't really seen anything yet!.. Just kits you can use and how to's!.. Nothing as to any gains or loses!..
If anything. It's one last sensor that can fail
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Torrbo916 said:
East side. North of Detroit. I was hoping you were closer. There's not many michiganders on this forum.
That is because we need to spread the gospel of ME to every Mustang owner!!... Hahahaha

If your looking to hook up with some other Mustang owners I'm part of a club here Mi. I can pm you the site if you want!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
I wouldn't think there's really any benefit. Maybe a fraction better flow of exhaust lol I'm deleting mine just because the kits like 30 bucks and I hate seeing it on there. For some reason they always look rusty and I hate it.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Will just help with efficiency. One less operation. Everything flows better. Don't think you will see any difference if you were to dyno before and after. If you take off the smog pump and egr and go short belt you will gain some, plus weight off the front. Plus less clutter as mentioned before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deadsp0t said:
Will just help with efficiency. One less operation. Everything flows better. Don't think you will see any difference if you were to dyno before and after. If you take off the smog pump and egr and go short belt you will gain some, plus weight off the front. Plus less clutter as mentioned before.
I think smog pump is a thing of the past!.. Lol. I know short belt would be a plus!.. But I've two little ones that need a little AC on really hot days!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
t0t4lbl4ck0ut said:
Where is the smog pump? I've had my motor apart and I guess I've never even noticed it lol
That's what I'm saying!.. The 4.6 and newer cars don't have one!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
I thought they did. I swear someone was talking about it the other day but they are gm knuckle draggers so chances are they don't know what they are talking about lol
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Eturner said:
That's what I'm saying!.. The 4.6 and newer cars don't have one!..
After a little looking I believe your right. The idea remains the same, reducing accessories will free up HP. AC, PS, and even electric water pumps.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
t0t4lbl4ck0ut said:
I thought they did. I swear someone was talking about it the other day but they are gm knuckle draggers so chances are they don't know what they are talking about lol
I just did a little looking around, I guess you guys don't have them! Lucky you!
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top