Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on whether to get the eibach springs designed for the V6 (1.5in all around) or HR springs that lower the GT about 1.7 front and 1.6 rear? What will lower the most? Or should I cut the stock springs? What is the danger of cutting springs? Please post your ride and how much it lowere Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cheapest option is to cut the stock springs with a grinder and a cutoff wheel.

The quality between the two is about the same, But I'd go with H&R for the sole fact that its drops you low.

Another cheap option is to go with Latemodel Resto's Lowering springs. If you leave off the Iso's and just wrap the ends in electrical tape (This lasts for at least 5 years, despite what the naysayers will tell you) and it will drop you about 1.8-1.9"

·
Registered
574 Posts
austinknoll said:
I'm trying to decide on whether to get the eibach springs designed for the V6 (1.5in all around) or HR springs that lower the GT about 1.7 front and 1.6 rear? What will lower the most? Or should I cut the stock springs? What is the danger of cutting springs? Please post your ride and how much it lowere Thanks a lot guys!
H&R Super sports ! FTW :good:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
stay away from GT rated springs..you don't have the body weight to get even the drop they get from a certain set of springs.

as for the gentleman that mentioned cutting...its a decent option if you have a free day :good:

here's what 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back looks like (no iso's)

guess i'm pulling my wing back off tomorrow...this old pic made me realize why i took it off the first time lol. why'd i ever put it back on :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm confused as of how much the HRs will lower it. I know it's not gonna be what it says on AM. I've heard bad stories about people cutting the springs

·
Registered
574 Posts
austinknoll said:
Yeah I'm confused as of how much the HRs will lower it. I know it's not gonna be what it says on AM. I've heard bad stories about people cutting the springs
1.75 front 1.6 rear those are with spring iso's

image-726472617.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
austinknoll said:
Here's another picture with H&R and adjustable KYB shocks and struts , with x2 balljoint and steeda bumpster kit with mm c&c plates

image-2779053147.jpg

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
those bad stories involve people that use a torch to cut their springs...or lop off over 2 1/2 coils not knowing they're about to have a good time lol. If i could ever find the time to get a free day that i don't have a honey-do list i'm gonna cut my current cars springs and do a proper write up.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Siendly22 said:
Here's another picture with H&R and adjustable KYB shocks and struts , with x2 balljoint and steeda bumpster kit with mm c&c plates
Yeah but you also have struts too.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
we only have shocks....that's being said his pic should still be 99% accurate for your needs

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1slosix said:
we only have shocks....that's being said his pic should still be 99% accurate for your needs
So shocks don't make a difference in ride height? I know going lower on stock shocks puts more stress on them.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
it's just because stock shocks aren't made to smooth out a ride with so little dead space between the tire and wheel well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts