Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into my cars handling now that im happy with my power. AM has two different kits made by Eibach and the Pro says 1.1in drop and the sport kit says 2in drop. My question is will my 17x9 with 275/40 tires fit under a 2in drop with no rubbing and whats the difference between the two kits other than the drop difference?

Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus (94-04 V8 Coupe/99-04 V6 Convertible) 3517.680 - Free Shipping!

Eibach Mustang Sport-System-Plus (94-04 V8 Coupe/99-04 V6 Convertible) 4.1735.680 - Free Shipping!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Yes they will fit under there with no rubbing. When you start going with a 315 or wider then you will have running issues

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
A 2' drop is perfect. I used to run 2.8 in the front and 2.8 in the back and had problems with scraping my lip and exhaust. So I would reccomend 2' drop.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks for the help! I think im going to go with the sport line. My last question is what else do I need to get. My car has 91k miles, I know It will be wise to get a full alingment which I can get where I work (A Hyundai Dealership) but what else would be on the safe side to get?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Okay thanks for the help! I think im going to go with the sport line. My last question is what else do I need to get. My car has 91k miles, I know It will be wise to get a full alingment which I can get where I work (A Hyundai Dealership) but what else would be on the safe side to get?
With a 2' you will need cc plates, and maybe shocks. And then after it settles get an alignment at any shop that does them.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for the help! It will be a while before I do all this cause I plan to wait tell the damn season called winter stops (its snowing here right now :( ) I also plan to get this stuff when I do it..

SR Performance Black Mustang Strut Tower Brace (94-04) at AmericanMuscle.com 2157A4D||94333 - Free Shipping!

KYB Gas-A-Just Quad Shock (84-04 GT, V6, Mach 1; 94-98 Cobra) KG4521 - Free Shipping!

1999-04 Mustang GT/V6 Complete Slotted Short Stop Brake Rotor And Pad Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Im looking into my cars handling now that im happy with my power. AM has two different kits made by Eibach and the Pro says 1.1in drop and the sport kit says 2in drop. My question is will my 17x9 with 275/40 tires fit under a 2in drop with no rubbing and whats the difference between the two kits other than the drop difference?

Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus (94-04 V8 Coupe/99-04 V6 Convertible) 3517.680 - Free Shipping!

Eibach Mustang Sport-System-Plus (94-04 V8 Coupe/99-04 V6 Convertible) 4.1735.680 - Free Shipping!
What sort of handling characteristics are you looking for? The sportlines are a progressive rate spring, they will give you a nice soft ride over small bumps and when you start cornering hard they get stiffer as the spring compresses. If you want a stiffer spring rate that's designed more towards taking turns then the pro kit would be a better choice. They have a linear rate spring so they do ride stiffer over bumps, however their handling characteristic wont change mid-turn.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
That's a good list for handling, I want a strut tower brace as well but money is right

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Tight

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I would like to get the best handling I can get but my car is a DD and im not sure what i really want. Right now I think I wont care about ride quality but I might when It sucks lol

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Well I would like to get the best handling I can get but my car is a DD and im not sure what i really want. Right now I think I wont care about ride quality but I might when It sucks lol
I'm on H&R Race springs and I DD my car. They are stiff but Ive just gotten good at avoiding potholes and bumps. They handle great and are a huge improvement over the stock springs. But I also plan on hitting the local road course a lot so that affected my decision as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will pry end up with the Pro kit, I dont want to go too low and I plan on getting into the local autocross. I have a lot of time to make a decision, one I dont have the money right now and two, there is no point in getting in a hurry in the middle of winter.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I will pry end up with the Pro kit, I dont want to go too low and I plan on getting into the local autocross. I have a lot of time to make a decision, one I dont have the money right now and two, there is no point in getting in a hurry in the middle of winter.
If you want a slightly lower look you can remove the Isolators when you install the springs and that will get you a little more of a drop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts