Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got them? And I'm about to install them.. But there are no real instructions with mine..
If you guys could help me out
Is it straightforward simple, just replace and done?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
You will like them! I had to have the car aligned afterwards (excessive camber up front) but beyond that, no problems.. A little too low for a good track launch but handling and ride quality are good

·
Registered
916 Posts
The handling might be better but ride quality not so much. You will feel the bumps in the road more especially if your on stock struts/shocks. It will look a lot better though

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You will like them! I had to have the car aligned afterwards (excessive camber up front) but beyond that, no problems.. A little too low for a good track launch but handling and ride quality are good
School me more on this. Didnt know too low affected launches. Is there a best height?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
School me more on this. Didnt know too low affected launches. Is there a best height?
Thanks dudes, school me more on this! I used to be in all imports with 240s, just found the muscle side, needless to say, love it!

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Let's just say I installed a set of lower control arm relocation brackets, my instant center of gravity on launch improved enough to drop me 2 tenths on the 60' while changing nothing else -

There's not enough weight transfer to put the weight on the rear tires, it lifts and pushes the car on the tire rather than lifting and pushing on the tire with these lowering springs

·
Registered
309 Posts
You'll need to do caster camber plates. Some people will say you don't need 'em, but just go ahead and do it. It'll probably save you some rubber.

·
Registered
916 Posts
You'll need to do caster camber plates. Some people will say you don't need 'em, but just go ahead and do it. It'll probably save you some rubber.
+1

There definitely worth it

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would think that the relocation brackets are what are changing up your launch weight transfer. Just using the lowering springs by themselves wouldn't change up your weight transfer. Yes, use the caster camber plates plus also use a bumpsteer kit.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I would think that the relocation brackets are what are changing up your launch weight transfer. Just using the lowering springs by themselves wouldn't change up your weight transfer. Yes, use the caster camber plates plus also use a bumpsteer kit.
I used the relocation brackets to help correct my weight transfer - you really think lowering a car doesn't change the center of gravity for a launch?!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, you will change your center of gravity, but at an 1 - 1 3/4 of an inch I would think that it would be pretty subtle. But you also use the relocation brackets and that too would enhance your center of gravity and thus effect your launch. I guess what I'm advocating is that lowering your car wouldn't effect your launch in a negative way.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, you will change your center of gravity, but at an 1 - 1 3/4 of an inch I would think that it would be pretty subtle. But you also use the relocation brackets and that too would enhance your center of gravity and thus effect your launch. I guess what I'm advocating is that lowering your car wouldn't effect your launch in a negative way.
Lowering you car 1 to 2 inches, does effect you launch in a negative way big time. 1 1/2 " drop could move your CG forward 12". Just take a look at any adjustable setup, the mounting holes are only 1/4" apart on some. I also gained 2 ten's in my 60ft, with relocation brackets, with a 1" drop right off the bat before fine tuning.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Lowering you car 1 to 2 inches, does effect you launch in a negative way big time. 1 1/2 " drop could move your CG forward 12". Just take a look at any adjustable setup, the mounting holes are only 1/4" apart on some. I also gained 2 ten's in my 60ft, with relocation brackets, with a 1" drop right off the bat before fine tuning.
So the relocation brackets for the LCAs are really worth it? I've been debating on whether or not to get them. Right now I'm running Tokico adj struts/shocks, eibach sportlines, front and rear eibach away bars, BMR upper control arm and lower control arms and BMR adj panhard bar. Would I see a benefit with the addition of relocation brackets?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was totally confused about the lowering/launch statement but I see he meant that it is due to unaddressed geometry changes, makes sense now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your trying to get a better launch I would drop the upper control arms and get a panhard bar & a torque arm.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lowering you car using springs won't change your IC that much. Relocation brackets will make a bigger change in you geometry and should be used. The upper control arm helps with pinion angle adjustment, if you get an adjustable one. And just about any change is better than stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts