Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some lowering springs for 210 shipped for my 02 coupe :D

i already bought this and i havent even installed my spec stage two cluch, i got some work to do, oh and im gonna do all the work myself so i will save some money for other mods:good:

i will post pics as soon as they get here and i will post pics of the clutch

·
Registered
529 Posts
Which springs did you get? Pro Kit or Sportline?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you gonna install the clutch yourself? I hope you have some idea of what you are doing... installs never go as easy as they should.

spring install is very easy if you cant handle the spring install dont mess with the clutch so do the springs first and you can gauge from that if you should mess with it.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wil install the clutch myself at my transmission class all under the supervision of an A.S.E. certified master tech, my teacher.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The fronts are a bit more difficult but not too bad. I'd suggest you have a friend help you put them in. You will need a decent sized pry bar as well. The rear ones are a piece of cake though :D

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is the pressure plate i was gonna get pictures of the disc but my camera batteries went out so i will get that in like a half hour

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and now the disk and throw out bearing, also when the eibachs get here i will post pics asap

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i meant more pictures of the springs installed on the car... but either way works lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yep, I have the prokits on mine and i'm quite fond of the ride height :)

granted, I have a heavier engine

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i will be dropped 1.5 inches all around do i need shorter end links also my car is a 02 so do you think i acctualy need new isolators ive heard people reuse them all the time

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i would worry about new struts/shocks/cc plates before i worry about endlinks, but yes you will need some.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so you are telling me all that is gonna go out struts/shocks/cc plates how many miles till they do like ten thousand

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you drop your car really low yes your shocks and struts will go pretty darn quick and they will bottom out.... you are going to need cc plates asap cuz the stock ones wont be worth a crap and you wont be able to align the car. if you get mm cc plate the struts may last a bit longer who knows how long but save up cuz sooner or later they will go.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
232stang said:
so you are telling me all that is gonna go out struts/shocks/cc plates how many miles till they do like ten thousand
My shocks are history on my car. I have the same springs as you doWont take long for the shocks to go

1 - 20 of 28 Posts