Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Mustang LX convertible with 78000 original miles left to me by my father when he died. I just recently had it shipped up from Florida, after it sat in storage for a year. The battery was disconnected (negative terminal) but still died which was no surprise to me. I bought a new battery before I picked up the car. I tested the battery and it was at 12.2 volts "no problem" I put the new battery in the car and I was only reading 12.7 volts, I figured I had a bad alternator. Ok, so I was still able to get it home from the drop off spot and parked it. I set the alarm and by the next day ( less then 24 hours) the new battery was completely dead. I jumped it with no problem but it just died again. Should I still be concerned about the alt. or should I look elsewhere first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered the "Tuff Stuff" alternator. It allows me to get rid of the entire wire harness and run one direct wire to the solenoid. That should knock out a lot of headache. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Plumbsmith said:
Just ordered the "Tuff Stuff" alternator. It allows me to get rid of the entire wire harness and run one direct wire to the solenoid. That should knock out a lot of headache. Thanks for the reply.
No problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts