Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, Im not super proficient at electrical stuff, but i was wondering, Is there some kind of piece i could buy to distribute power to separate accessories. My car has like 6 hot wires directly on the positive side of the battery, and I want to move the battery to the rear. So is there some kind of alternative to connect all of these to? and then maybe take that distribution piece and wire it to the starter solenoid?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hey fellas, Im not super proficient at electrical stuff, but i was wondering, Is there some kind of piece i could buy to distribute power to separate accessories. My car has like 6 hot wires directly on the positive side of the battery, and I want to move the battery to the rear. So is there some kind of alternative to connect all of these to? and then maybe take that distribution piece and wire it to the starter solenoid?
Yes, if you wire it to the starter solenoid be sure to put it on the battery cable side.
They are called distribution blocks.
You take one big wire from the battery post connector or cable from the rear mounted battery and run it to the block then make all of your other connections there.

12 Volt Battery Distribution Blocks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, if you wire it to the starter solenoid be sure to put it on the battery cable side.
They are called distribution blocks.
You take one big wire from the battery post connector or cable from the rear mounted battery and run it to the block then make all of your other connections there.

12 Volt Battery Distribution Blocks
So when I move the battery to the rear, I only want one cable coming from it. So should I run the cable to this block and run the starter solenoid off of the dist block? or Run the battery to the solenoid and then another cable from the solenoid to the dist block?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So when I move the battery to the rear, I only want one cable coming from it. So should I run the cable to this block and run the starter solenoid off of the dist block? or Run the battery to the solenoid and then another cable from the solenoid to the dist block?
Here is how I plan to relocate my battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts