Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the san diego area or an hour away have o/r pipes and can tell me of a shop that they go to pass emissions?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Welcome to California buddy. I live in sd and exhaust shops won't even put on an o/r pipe even if you bring it to them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This happen to me in Vegas! The guy saw my off road h and made a face like he saw death! He said they don't do off road h. (The installation)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not that I condone getting a hot smog, I do know that some ppl are hurt by the economy and will do one for some cash on the side. Actually a lot of cash. For me it's worth more to just swap the pipes for a regular smog but I have heard a few places in Hayward will do one. Never hade one done so I wouldn't know which ones do. Might be far for you though. My advice would to just swap it out. It takes about 2 hours for me and saves about 200 bucks. Money well saved.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I know some ppl in NorCal that would do it. Look around for a small smog place. Maybe go towards the ghetto. Stop at a few places, talk to them and offer em some cash to do it. It's not like someone is gonna call the cops on you if they say no. Just don't say it in front of all their customers. Make sure you have 200+ to cough up tho. Cash talks

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know some ppl in NorCal that would do it. Look around for a small smog place. Maybe go towards the ghetto. Stop at a few places, talk to them and offer em some cash to do it. It's not like someone is gonna call the cops on you if they say no. Just don't say it in front of all their customers. Make sure you have 200+ to cough up tho. Cash talks
Really? 200+? this isnt even for me. My buddy bought a stang and he comes from texas and i come from ohio. We dont have emissions and **** in those states. So he buys a stang with o/r **** on it and his registration is about to expire and he has to find a place to smog so he can get his car re registered.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Really? 200+? this isnt even for me. My buddy bought a stang and he comes from texas and i come from ohio. We dont have emissions and **** in those states. So he buys a stang with o/r **** on it and his registration is about to expire and he has to find a place to smog so he can get his car re registered.
And im not sure if he would even pass emissions if he did have a catted mid pipe.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

And im not sure if he would even pass emissions if he did have a catted mid pipe.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It s illegal anywhere in the US for a legitimate shop to remove the cats or install a system that does not have them. Even here in Florida where there is no emissions testing licensed shops will not install o/r pipes as it is not worth losing their business licenses over--you need to find a bubba with a lift (which is not all that difficult).

The good news is that so-called "off-road" pipes provide no power advantage over aftermarket catted pipes, so just buy a catted pipe that is CARB approved and be done with it...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It s illegal anywhere in the US for a legitimate shop to remove the cats or install a system that does not have them. Even here in Florida where there is no emissions testing licensed shops will not install o/r pipes as it is not worth losing their business licenses over--you need to find a bubba with a lift (which is not all that difficult).

The good news is that so-called "off-road" pipes provide no power advantage over aftermarket catted pipes, so just buy a catted pipe that is CARB approved and be done with it...
He has a 90 fox body that he bought and its not in the best shape. Im not sure if he even buys the catted mid pipe that ittl pass. He kinda got ****ed when he bought the car cause we were un familliar to the emissions and registration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts