Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how people get by emissions with their off road exhaust setups. Is there any way to get around it so to speak?

·
Registered
913 Posts
It's not really possible to pass an emissions test with an offroad pipe unless you know someone that will pass it for you

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah. I passed the whole emissions part. My emissions were fine and then they had the idea. Lets look under the car and the failed me when I didn't have cats on, even though I passed te actual emissions testing

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ok but did you have the upstream cats still on? Or did you have no cats on at all?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I passed before in my fox body with an O/R H. They didn't do a visual test and only put it on the dyno and did the sniffer test. You'll fail the visual test every time, but all I did was change my oil and drive around on the highway for about 30 minutes before I went to the e-check and I passed it no problem.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Depends on the state. Example, inNJ, emissions stations are state run, so almost impossible to pass them. In PA they're private, so you just find someone willing to sell you a sticker.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here in CT they really only check for codes on the computer and hardly ever do a visual. All depends on the type of testing they do.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Well I'm in Cali so we all know how the restrictions are here. Lol

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Does anyone have o/r pipes and get inspected in Texas. I've never noticed them check for it during an inspection before, but not sure.
I think only a few counties around Dallas area and Houston do emissions testing. I've never had a visual inspection in Texas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What about st. Louis mo anyone ever passed around here?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I want o/r mid bad but do not want to fail and have to but another mid pipe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm in ct too. I went the other day, never saw them do a visual, but I failed anyway because of my 93 tune from bama. I hate emissions!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.