Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im now in a position where i make about 5 to 8k a month and have no expenses. i work for ford as a car sales man. now im going to buy either a GT 5 spd or a V6 5 spd. now im thinking im going with the v6 b/c its cheaper on gas and insurance now i want to build the car up quick. and i dont have to pay for install and for some parts. now i was wondering what ideas what i could do. im thinking a 207/215 cam with a ported and polished heads and P&P upper and lower. a 8.8 with 3.73s and a tri ax shifter and maybe a blower, i dont kno about that b/c its about 3k for one. does any one have any other ideas? and any input would be wonderful. thanks to all who read/ help

·
Registered
123 Posts
5-8 grand is alot for a car salesman just starting, i know i have been doing until recently for over 2 1/2 years. But props to you! Labor should be inexpensive as well as parts as well. The extra cost to get a v6 to gt performance is less than buying a gt from the get go. as a salesman you have an advantage of seeing the tradeins coming in and condition, if your buried in them or not, etc. insurance is not that awful much, i pay only 62 a month. I have my GT vert under my wifes name, though. never checked on them when i was single. Do you get a demo? if you do, you should check out some older, taken care of stangs. you may pay a little more but they will be as close to new as you can get. why finance 15-25K when you can spend 5-10 K and put the rest towrds nice mods instead of a car payment. Just IMO though! Do as you wish. My vote is for GT!

Ted

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is that why your getting a gt...232 stang!

Get a Gt and kill a cobra!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
ttpancakes said:
I have to go with mineral on this one. Just save up and get an M3 bmw. Sorry but that is better than any mustang.
:uhh: Even if I made a million dollars a month, I would still get a Mustang, actually I would get a bunch of mustangs, one of each..lol. I say if u make that much money and have no expenses, then get a Cobra :burnout:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i doubt it will last.... lol seems car sales have massive turn arounds with people... they get a guy to sale he gets all his frends/family to buy a car then he cant sell any more so they fire him or he gives up... i would DEFINATLY Save up quite a bit and then start to mod.

i would strip the car down totaly (buy a 600 dollar beater.... ) redo everything you want if all you care about is performance then take the motor out and have it re done or just buy a 4.3 or what ever drop in motor. looks and appereance is all up to you however.

also upgrade tranny and rear end with a nice tune, ati procharger if you want lol and clutch up grade just remember to keep it streetable if thats what you want so dont go to much over board....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts