Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
its best to do it by hand... i know you cant do 100% and you have to use little this and thats but putting water on it is just... not a great idea usualy.. it can be done buti wouldnt just clean it with armoral and metal cleaner.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Last time me and my dad clean an engine was on the Chevette. We were lucky enough to have a new pressure washer. We took the battery out since it was dead anyway. Wrapped the carb up in plastic bags, and the alternator too, covered everything in Simple Green and let it sit for 30 minutes and came back and cleaned it all off. Who knew it had seafoam green valve covers?

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
SpectorV said:
its best to do it by hand... i know you cant do 100% and you have to use little this and thats but putting water on it is just... not a great idea usualy.. it can be done buti wouldnt just clean it with armoral and metal cleaner.
yup

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
my cousin cleaned her 01 gt's motor and fouled out a coil pack .... cost 120 or so... not worth it, if you keep it clean from time to time it wont be so bad that a clean by hand wont keep it looking nice.

·
Registered
751 Posts
SpectorV said:
my cousin cleaned her 01 gt's motor and fouled out a coil pack .... cost 120 or so... not worth it, if you keep it clean from time to time it wont be so bad that a clean by hand wont keep it looking nice.

did that with my f-150, so now I clean by hand, takes time the first few go arounds but once you get it clean its all down-hill from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts