Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any significant differences between 96-98 GT engines? Specifically interested in knowing in regards to throttle body and manifold area.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
i dont see how the 98 has a better manifold since both 96 and 98 are non pi motors, but then again it is ford however lol. however just grab a f150 throttle body since its 70mm from stock if u lookin for a quick cheap upgrade. as to the manifold im really not sure how 10hp more is possible since they were rated at the same hp. but once again im no rocket scientist lol so the more i learn and get schooled the better for me. as to plenum if u use a crown vic plenum would help since its got a elbow design or f150 plenum. and yes it will fit and work and will bolt right on perfectly. but im sure someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would the style (configuration) of a plenum spacer differ from a 97 to 98 or 99? Assuming stock everything else aside from CAI.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i dont see how the 98 has a better manifold since both 96 and 98 are non pi motors, but then again it is ford however lol. however just grab a f150 throttle body since its 70mm from stock if u lookin for a quick cheap upgrade. as to the manifold im really not sure how 10hp more is possible since they were rated at the same hp. but once again im no rocket scientist lol so the more i learn and get schooled the better for me. as to plenum if u use a crown vic plenum would help since its got a elbow design or f150 plenum. and yes it will fit and work and will bolt right on perfectly. but im sure someone else will chime in.
Exhaust manifolds* my bad

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Exhaust i can see it being it yes id agree. As for a spacer no different configuration in 99-04 plenum or throttle body

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The question was difference between a 97 and 98. Sorry if I confused it. I have a 97.
I believe it would be the same but ill wait for someone who did research chime in

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Mines different i have pi heads lol however in all honesty from 96 to 97 there were changes mad such as radiator and radiator stays. Power wise not any difference however in 98 ford around mid year started with electronic dash milage display like the 99-04 and possibly headers or exhaust difference.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I guess the difference in placement of brackets was significant enough. I couldn't install the Poweraid spacer into my car. The throttle cable was pushing against another surface and wouldn't allow the throttle to close properly. Damn I wanted this spacer to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts