Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to clean up my entire engine compartment, redo all of the hoses, lines, wrapping and dress it up. any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Engine dress up is for show cars or slow cars

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmmm. i should have been more specific, not looking to present a show car like engine compartment. I'm just not trying to have loose tape and a dirty ass engine compartment.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
jaymjohnson said:
hmmmmm. i should have been more specific, not looking to present a show car like engine compartment. I'm just not trying to have loose tape and a dirty ass engine compartment.
If It's really bad use gunk on it with very lite water to rinse it off. If not to bad just use a spray bottle of water and wipe by hand. No high pressure what so ever. Silicone spray on your rubber and plastic makes it look new. As for the loose tape, get some electrical tape that says 33+ on it, anything else will do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Stay away from the computer! It's located on the passenger side at the front. Also the spark plug area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If It's really bad use gunk on it with very lite water to rinse it off. If not to bad just use a spray bottle of water and wipe by hand. No high pressure what so ever. Silicone spray on your rubber and plastic makes it look new. As for the loose tape, get some electrical tape that says 33+ on it, anything else will do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Stay away from the computer! It's located on the passenger side at the front. Also the spark plug area.
Awesome, will definitely give it a try. What company makes "Gunk"?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Awesome, will definitely give it a try. What company makes "Gunk"?
They sell Gunk at just about every auto parts store. Checkout their website...

http://www.gunk.com/

Be careful with cleaning your engine with spray cleaners that require you to use water to spray off the cleaner. You don't want to get water somewhere that could create electrical shorts and cause problems. Try searching the forums for "cleaning engine", etc. :good:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts