Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a car show at my high school on October 30, and I need something in my engine bay to show off. With any luck, I'll be able to clean it sometime soon but what is everyones advice on what I should pick up for it in the mean time. I'm trying to spend less that $100. I already have some blue wire loom for my spark plugs wires but what else should I add? :confused:

Does anyone know if that Level 1 engine dress up kit work for the V6? [Click]

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I want the MAC StraightShot intake instead. The idea here is to get as far as I can with the $100. :lol:

I'm looking for chrome and polished stuff. Noting major like an intake manifold.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your local pep boys should have a variety of chrome and colored wire looms and braided stuff. I'm assuming you need this pretty fast, so that might work.

On that same note, does anyone know if there is such thing as a darker red or metallic red wire loom set for sale anywhere? The bright red ones I have seen just wouldn't look right with my engine bay being laser red, methinks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd say go with some braided cables, some blue wire covers as well to go with the blue of your car, maybe fill in the words 3.8 fuel injected on your intake, and imo nothin looks nicer than a clean and organzied bay, doesnt have to be all that flashy.

Dom, dont know if that works on the V6, I would think the break fluid cap, windshield washer cap, and power steering cap fit on the V6.

Havent seen any metallic red or darker red looms, I would suggest painting to match.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
i just got some stuff from a local shop, they had some steeda polished aluminum stuff, i could only get the oil cap, master cylinder cap, and fuse box cover but there are some other this and thats... dont go buy colored wire loom cover and run it everywhere... it looks out of place. buy a cai and polish you upper intake and you will be good. My friend polishes i will check he may can polish one up for you if you have a spare.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont go buy colored wire loom cover and run it everywhere... it looks out of place.
I'm only gonna put it on the spark plug wires. Once I get blue spark plug wires, they'll probally be comming off.

I've seen some chrome stuff pretty cheap at other places. I'll see how much cash I have by next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts