Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago i was driving and my car suddenly decided to not rev any more I was giving it gas but the engine wouldnt respond went to ford all they said was the engine was fine and all i needed was an oil change today I was driving and the car would rev higher than 4k and then the engine just went idle i kept ginving it gas and the engine wouldnt respond It happened 10 times on a 3 mile trip Im so pissed off that ford technician couldnt figure out the problem the first time. I mean srsly WTF its not a different brand of car its a FORD mustang how the hell couldnt they figure it out what was wrong with it:banghead: sorry about my rant guys.

·
Registered
525 Posts
2 weeks ago i was driving and my car suddenly decided to not rev any more I was giving it gas but the engine wouldnt respond went to ford all they said was the engine was fine and all i needed was an oil change today I was driving and the car would rev higher than 4k and then the engine just went idle i kept ginving it gas and the engine wouldnt respond It happened 10 times on a 3 mile trip Im so pissed off that ford technician couldnt figure out the problem the first time. I mean srsly WTF its not a different brand of car its a FORD mustang how the hell couldnt they figure it out what was wrong with it:banghead: sorry about my rant guys.
Not taking sides ,,but sometimes things dont show when your trying to figure out a problem,,Im not sure what year yours is,,but it sounds like the TP,,if its a drive by wire..Does the wrench light come on??

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
yeah i would agree. throttle position sensor or maybe throttle body or throttle body position sensor issue.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
???????????????????????????????????????????????

Tell me, The shop never checked the codes.

When that wrench showed it threw a code. The dealers idiot parts changer should have checked if the CPU had a code showing. That is a serious safety issue and should have been tracked down. What the heck did the dealer think you were driving A TOYOTA?
:mad:

If the throttle sticks it could cause a serious accident. What the hell is wrong with these dealers now-A-days???
Ronnie

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah the wrench came on when the engine went idle
Carefully clean the TB,,get someone to hold it wide open so you can clean it real good,,I use a citrius orange cleaner ,,but they have throttle body cleaner..If that TB hangs up just a fraction it will do that..Ive done alot of them and it fix the problem

·
Registered
289 Posts
How long have this been happening to you if it just started you have a week and a half to 2 weeks before the entire engine locks up. Just let it blow they put a new motor in mine this happened to me

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well went to ford they found out I need a new throttle body they ordered the part and now I have to wait till tommorow. Do you guys think that mustangs are unreliable or is it just my mustang or have previous mustangs been unreliable because Ive only had 38000 miles on mine and its already starting to cause problem btw LOVE the mustang to death but really hate the customer service

·
Registered
525 Posts
well went to ford they found out I need a new throttle body they ordered the part and now I have to wait till tommorow. Do you guys think that mustangs are unreliable or is it just my mustang or have previous mustangs been unreliable because Ive only had 38000 miles on mine and its already starting to cause problem btw LOVE the mustang to death but really hate the customer service
Its the electronics that unreliable,,pretty much all cars are going to have problems..We have fords and chevys,,and they all have their own problems,,Mine is a 06 model and i havent had any problems,,I did buy it used so im not sure of the issues it may have had when it was new..Ive never dealt with dealerships or shops,,I think maybe you need to find a more professional dealership to go to

·
Registered
278 Posts
+1 on the throttle plate or tps. If you have a volt meter, check the signal wire and power as you push the throttle. You should notice a rise in voltage. I think ford uses .2-4.8v... Not 100% tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts