Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha..you sent that to me last night, I dl it..just never listened. I have no idea what it might be though...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Check the PCV valve first. pull the valve out of the passanger side Valve cover and then place your thumb over the hole on the bottom of the PCV valve and rev the car and see if it is still rattling

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you have roller rockers?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
well I went to take vid of what my engine sounds like, but I found antifreez all under the front of my car... cause 1. check the hose and water pump) < for me, but Brent, sounds like you need to get that checked out.. or wait till your 4.2 is done :lol:

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CraZy6 said:
Sounds like a bent rod or a loose roller rocker.
But would it not do that all the time if it was the case? It doesnt make that noise all the time.. i dunno me and brandon(spectorV) are going to change the plugs(see if I am running rich/lean or if they are gapped to much) and do a few othe rmainteance things monday probably. so we will see

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Here is the best thing to isolate the noise. Get a hose about 2 1/2 ft long, put one end to your ear and the other to the engine. With the engine running and the car on ramps or jack stands. Start first at the valve covers then the upper intake, then move down to the oil pan. You will be able to better isolate where the sound is coming from.

Did you do the PCV check????? If the sound is coming from the oil pan you are screwed. You migh get lucky and only have a collapsed lifter which will be heard in the valve covers

·
Registered
3 Posts
the engine knocking sound

Where is the sound coming from up top or down low?
If u let your car sit at idel what is does your rpm do and what does your oil pressure gauge do?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TheMustangKid said:
Where is the sound coming from up top or down low?
If u let your car sit at idel what is does your rpm do and what does your oil pressure gauge do?
Oil Pressure is fine and it doesnt make this noise at idle.. .only when you give it gas or are going down the interestate and have your foot constantly on the gas

^ That leads me to believe its the cats which is what I hope for

·
Registered
15 Posts
How Many Miles Have You Put On Your Car Since You Got It? Sorry If I Sound Like A Dick But Judging By The Way You Were Revving Your Motor In The Clip It Sounds Like You Have A Lead Foot But I May Be Wrong. But You May Have Accidentally Overrevved Your Motor At One Point And Had A Valve Bend Making It Get Stuck Open And The Piston Comes Up And Smacks It Causing It To Close Again. I Know Mustangmike524 From School And His Did The Same Thing Resulting In A New Motor Like He Said. So You Should Probly Have That Checked Out. I Have Heard Of Cases Like This With Eagle Talons And The Valve Shot Through The Hood.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hehe, Brent has a heavy foot. O..and 89'Five-O, you don't have to capitalize the first letter of each word...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Haha, O

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
89'FIVE-O said:
How Many Miles Have You Put On Your Car Since You Got It? Sorry If I Sound Like A Dick But Judging By The Way You Were Revving Your Motor In The Clip It Sounds Like You Have A Lead Foot But I May Be Wrong. But You May Have Accidentally Overrevved Your Motor At One Point And Had A Valve Bend Making It Get Stuck Open And The Piston Comes Up And Smacks It Causing It To Close Again. I Know Mustangmike524 From School And His Did The Same Thing Resulting In A New Motor Like He Said. So You Should Probly Have That Checked Out. I Have Heard Of Cases Like This With Eagle Talons And The Valve Shot Through The Hood.
Alright.. well wouldnt that do it all the time if that was the case?

And for the love of god hit your caps button :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts