Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help

I had a new clutch put in and the flywheel turned in my 2005 Mustang GT. Now it's running like a bag of hammers. While searching the threads I found TSB 21474 crank sensor relearn. The car ran fine before taking it in. Now I have a code for misfire cylinder number 4. I also have a very bad rattle at 1400 RPM under load in 1st to 4th but not in 5th that I can hear. The sound seems to be coming from cylinder number 4 right rear of engine. It sounds to me like its running the wrong octane or a valve rattle. This problem did not exist before I took it in for the new clutch.

Running 94 octane so I'm sure it's not an octane problem.

Would the crank position sensor being out of whack make a cylinder rattle?

I'm looking for an opinion regarding what may be causing the noises.

I will be taking it into FORD next week. I can't afford to get the crank relearn right now so any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Make sure there aren't any damaged wires. When i did my last clutch several months ago we caught a wire loom in between the bell housing. Car ran like a fat piece of **** and even went in to limp mode.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Idk about Ford cars, but on the trucks missfire on #4 can be a loose 02 sensor wire. Maybe it got bumped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts