Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
2001 mustang GT. Went to start my car; turns over but won't start when turning over. It's real hard to turn over. It's not the starter; had it check out it. Passed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Fuel starvation?

Without more details it will be hard for us to give more specific advice. Does this happen all the time? When did it start happening? Any recent mods/repairs to the car?

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
+1 on checking all batt cables and cables to starter/solenoid. w/o insulting have you checked the batt?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No battery is new cables are clean ground is good it just happened yesterday first time. When I try to start it and give it gas it still doesn't start going to try it again after some coffee going to see if fuel pump is working

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would the starter cause my problem found out that the starter is bad gotta check the fly wheel to see if the starter messed it up

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
It's not the starter had it check out it passed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

found out that the starter is bad

:what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now have power to the starter but nothing, replace the starter relay and ignition switch and the starter relay

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Maybe the motor itself is bad. Can you test the windings with an ohm meter to make sure there is no open circuit?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Is it turning over?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Are you able to remove the starter yourself, meaning do you have the tools to remove it, then take it to a good automotive parts store so they can "bench test" it?

What's confusing is that you first state the starter was good, then you stated it failed. This is throwing folks off in trying to help, as it becomes difficult to trust if other tests you've done are correct.

A best option at this point would be to tow the Mustang to a shop to get a proper diagnoses and repair.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It showed passed but when in gaged it would wobble so I brought a new one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally fix it had to put engine start button in, some how I burnt the wire to the ceniod planed to put in a push button anyways

1 - 16 of 16 Posts