Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove my engine from my car? I looked for videos and can't find any. Bc I plan to rebuild my engine later on. Head cam and intake swap. Intakes are already coming in. And I wanna build it right and be able to have full access and not have to bend over a fender

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Unbolt the trans and engine mounts. Take the electrical connections off and coolant hoses.

·
Banned
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hate squirrels I have nothing but acorns and shells under the hood like as if a squirrel was storing its own food there. I'm afraid if that falls through if I remove the intake manifolds to swap them with my new ones. Nothing's going right

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Clean out your engine bay before taking anything apart then. Blow compressed air through those tight spaces and you'll be good

·
Banned
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn I do have dust buster. My car isn't drivable other than that id drive it to my shop. Which is like 30 minutes away. I broke a bolt in the upper manifold that goes to the iac. I had to drive it back home by using the vacuum to suck the iac on the manifold that's what held it the whole way home. It broke bc I sand blasted the upper intake and didn't tap the bolt holes. Sucks.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I don't know how long it'll be till I move but I plan on somehow getting my car back on the road. When I reinstalled my lower and upper intake I started leaking coolant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts