Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it take to do an engine swap of a chevy 4.3L v6 vortec into my mustang? I have a base model 95 and have an s-10 needing some body work. So I was planning to save a few bucks in modifications and just do the engine swap and build from the chevy 4.3 as it has more stock hp.

And plz no crap about having a chevy engine in a ford or disrespecting the mustang and other crap of that nature. I'm just wanting to build a face, streetable\raceable mustang and no one will know whats under the hood. Its as if I was custom building my own engine for it :p

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
i dont like what you want to do your disrespecting the mustang

jk it will be very hard you have to get new wiring harness and a custom driveshaft new motormounts tranny mounts modify fuel lines brake lines, its a bunch of stuff my suggestion is to not try if your not a mechanic and you dont have alot of tools

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I have access to pretty much everything, and pretty mechanically inclined, plus have access to other mechanics and such to help, I basically was just wondering if anyone had attempted this or anything, and what I was looking to spend, without labor costs (its free :p) but I guess I may just go with the original plan of doing a cobra swap, but I was looking to save a few bux since I had access to the 4.3 vortec and its pushing way more hp than my 95 is.

i knew the mounts and wiring would need to be changed, I didn't think much of the driveshaft being changed, but I didn't put much thought into it. I just had the idea like 15 mins ago as I was looking @ the cost of upgrading the 6er on the stang vs cobra engine swap, then looking at the body and paint needed for the s-10. Just trying to save an arm or leg, and getting more power. It looked like it could be cheaper than a cobra swap, and possibly cheaper than a upgrade for my 6er. I'm going to be upgrading drive shaft, rear end, and all that soon anyways So I am still going to be considering it.

Any other help would be appreciated :) thx

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if your gonna do a cobra swap just sell the six and get a used cobra or get a donor car (cobra ) and it could be cheap

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 300 HP 4.3 in my 'Stang...and its a FORD motor!(and an '83 vert to boot)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts