Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 bullet. i went through a good sized puddle (not intentionally) and my car shut off immediately and took about 1.5 hours before it started again. once i got it started the car ran like sh*t. really rough and now there is a nasty tapping coming from under the hood. the tapping doesnt go away at all and increases and decreases with the RPMs. anybody have any ideas what is wrong???

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Don't run it anymore, change your oil and filter, could have water inside the engine. You don't want to seize up your engine. Also could have just soaked your coil packs and maf, but if it's tapping you need to change your oil asap, just to be on the safe side of thungs

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah you sucked water into your motor and hydro locked it. The taping is probably a bent rod or something to that effect. When it sucks water into the motor the pistons cannot compress liquid so it bends the rod which can lead to you throwing one out of your block if you have bent it bad enough.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I would definitely not drive it anymore and when you change the oil look and see if there is water in it when you drain it. And to be on the safe side I would take the heads off to make sure all the water is gone

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
You can't compress water. That really blows... That happened to my Nissan a few years ago. It actually bent con rods 1 and 4. Sorry man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts