Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip to San Diego. About 1700 miles in 3 days. Well I noticed today a whining sound coming from my engine area. It gets louder while the rpms get higher. And what gear I'm in seems not to matter. Anyone know what it is? Also it's been feeling a little sluggish lately. Related?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I know most V6's have a whine....mine does

·
Registered
27 Posts
min whines right after i let off the gas... like when the rps level is going down. sounds kinda like it supercharged... heh

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
one of the pullies maybe? belt?

as far as the sluggish part its probably in your head.

I dont think any engine should "whine" normally...check some stuff.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking maybe oil. It doesn't sound anything like a pulley or belt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
many people, including myself have complained about the idler pulley making noise, though i would probably not describe it as a whine. there is no fix for it that i know of other than buying a new one and it doesn't hurt anything. just sounds like ****

·
Registered
28 Posts
if it doesn't do it when you are on the gas, or at least you don't notice it, then that is my guess. pop the hood and listen to it idle. standing in front of mine, i can tell that it is a pulley

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, just did that. Weird rattle while idling, weird whine while revved. Not from the same location though. The rattle sounds like a pulley. The whine seems to be all over. How can I get it fixed? Take it in?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
doesn't sound like an air whine. more like a grinding whine. How do I fix the pulley? Should I take my car in?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts