1973 Coupe: 302 bored 40 over
flat top pistons
RV Cam
Power Plus+ Typhoon intake
Holley 600 cfm
Petronix
Dual exhaust through Flowmaster 40's
Stock 3.00 open rear.

I measured out a 1/4 mile on a closed rural back road and setup a marker. I went back to the start and gave it a run. Just before I passed my marker, I looked at the speedo and was at about 98 MPH. I feel I could have done a little better because I let off a little towards the end. BTW: when i bought my tires- the agent used a computer and entered information and concluded that when my speedo showed 65, I am going 66.

I know there are alot of variables to consider and I wont know for sure until I go to the track but what kind of estimate for a 1/4 time is concievable?

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stang_1973 said:
Well this is my current setup:

1973 Coupe: 302 bored 40 over
flat top pistons
RV Cam
Power Plus+ Typhoon intake
Holley 600 cfm
Petronix
Dual exhaust through Flowmaster 40's
Stock 3.00 open rear.

I measured out a 1/4 mile on a closed rural back road and setup a marker. I went back to the start and gave it a run. Just before I passed my marker, I looked at the speedo and was at about 98 MPH. I feel I could have done a little better because I let off a little towards the end. BTW: when i bought my tires- the agent used a computer and entered information and concluded that when my speedo showed 65, I am going 66.

I know there are alot of variables to consider and I wont know for sure until I go to the track but what kind of estimate for a 1/4 time is concievable?

Thanks alot.
I would say mid to high 14s, judging by your MPH, and what I have ran with those MPH. And if you said you left off than that changes alot, as speed drops very quick going that fast, every MPH counts. Go to the track, this way we can all sleep better at night :D

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the speedo is NO WHERE NEAR accurate at those speeds so you can not go by that... buy a ticket to a real track and find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
every mph is about a tenth~ well something like that just for this issue if you ran 80 and you were really going 85 or even 90 ... thats nearly a second difference thus TOTALY not accurate EVER, get a Gtech before you trust marking off a quarter mile and flooring it.

also the calculation for mph at a track is NOT your mph as you cross the finish line they take multiple readings as you near the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts