Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Damn well move to cali and youd have 80's alllll week! Haha

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Just kidding 90's

It's going to be in the 60s/70s, just this time of year tends to have afternoon tstorms which bring hail and occasional flash floods. But CO is drunk, it goes from sunny to downpour to sunny in an hour.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Dude my name is Evan!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It's an awesome name!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm jealous of you V8 guys with all of your room for big radiators and electric fans!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm jealous of you V8 guys with all of your room for big radiators and electric fans!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Oh it wasn't without some gentle persuasion. I had to move the rad mounts back about an inch and modify the fan and shroud to squeeze everything in.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I went and took her out for a spin. The first since I:
-replaced rad with an alum 3 row
-added electric fan
-replaced turn signal switch
-replaced temp sensor
-180 deg thermostat
-adjusted the idle speed
-adjust A/F ratio at idle
-replaced ok yellow sealed beams with halogens

All the cooling stuff worked like a charm, so that's a relief. I ran straight water, so I'm going to drain everything out once again and fill it with a mix. The temp never got above half way in the gauge, and I know that's roughly 190ish.

It's hard to tell exactly, but it definitely feels like it has more power too - must be the A/F ratio adjustment. Anyway, I was grinning the entire time I was on the road!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oh yeah, and only a few pine needles flew out of from behind the dash when I got up to speed this time :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I replaced the fuel pump to carb line and added an EB carb attachment. The old hard line was beat to hell and kinked, and the rubber was past it's prime. Here's the old:
View attachment 160000
View attachment 160001 View attachment 160002
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403657637.907390.jpg

Here's the new:
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403657679.964200.jpg
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403657703.178377.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403657729.528023.jpg

The new hard line now unfortunately interferes with the filter before the pump, so I have to consider either moving it or ditching it now that I have the after pump filter.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I had some spare time, so I performed a compression test on my engine. I've been putting this off because I was worries I would have an issue.

Here are the results:
1 - 100
2 - 100
3 - 105
4 - 105
5 - 110
6 - 105
7 - 110
8 - 110

Not too horrible. It has decent power, but it could be better. I'm pretty sure she is running rich, so rejetting might be in order - I'll have a shop do that. I'm still hoping my 1980 block isn't the dreaded 255!

To celebrate my successful compression test, I had to take her for a drive!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It has been a while! Work, vacation, work. Then I finished the insulation and drywall in my garage, which required the mustang to live in the middle while I worked around her. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407602534.360796.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407602559.198702.jpg

Now she's back where she belongs, and I have my garage back, and insulated!

So last night, I drop the trans pan in order to hopefully fix its leak for good. Looking carefully, the mating surface was fairly warped - no wonder it has never sealed properly. After some gentle persuasion with my mustang tool (a ball peen hammer), I got it ruler straight and reinstalled with permatex black and a new gasket. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last time I have to drop the trans pan for a long time!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Looking good!! What other reason do you need!?

Thanks! It has been raining heavily here just about every afternoon (better than wildfires, so I'm not complaining). But I knew I was working a short day and could leave before the afternoon showers, so why the heck not?!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Thanks! It has been raining heavily here just about every afternoon (better than wildfires, so I'm not complaining). But I knew I was working a short day and could leave before the afternoon showers, so why the heck not?!

I wish it would rain here! Its better hot and dry here its a giant tinder box!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I wish it would rain here! Its better hot and dry here its a giant tinder box!

We just got downgraded from "extreme drought" to "moderate drought." We had two years in three where we had a car packed and ready to evac in case the winds changed bc of the fires here, so I'm in no way complaining!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Ha my car only looks good from a distance till you see how crappy the body work is :sigh: it is next on the list!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So I threw out my back a week ago playing hockey, so I have been living on the couch taking muscle relaxers and slowly losing my mind. It has been steadily improving, and this morning actually felt pretty good, and I was dying the do SOMETHING.

So I installed my passenger mirror and adjusted the steering box to try to get some of the slop out if it. I then took it for a drive around town, and ran the tank down to < 1/8. Glad I got a chance to do that since a new tank is on tap for this winter.

I've since spent the last few hour back on the couch - just to rest the back and be sure I don't set myself back. I think I'll be okay, I didn't push it too hard.

41 - 60 of 254 Posts