Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 283 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
You could've installed the insert in the time it took you to write the post! The bracket in the time it took you to read this whole thread! Cmon already! Lol. H pipe I can understand.:hide:

Congrats again shunc01!
I will be installing them once I get more stuff. I want to do it all in 1 big project while it's on a lift :D

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Exhaust is so subjective on what sounds good or not. You just got to go to YouTube and listen. Also CJ pony parts has some good write ups and videos.

Also you should go over to mustang6g. It's a website dedicated to our cars and has been around for awhile now.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Man......lol.....

You gotta do some reading and watching videos. I want to be super nice and help you out (which I did), but all of these questions can easily be answered just by researching. :(

Everyone should know that drone can come from poor quality mufflers (Roush for example). We all know X Pipes give Rasp. I am surprised you don't already know all this. :confused:

Not trying to be mean. Just surprised by all of the basic questions.
None taken my friend, I knew all these but not with the 5.0.. I have x pipe with my 2013 v6 and borla s type.. I have zero drone I mean I was in love right away..

The reason why I asked since I'm new to the gt world, I know there's a lot that I can read or listen but nothing compares to personal experience that people are in here in these forum. Everybody has its own preference of drone but thats what forums are for is to talk and share.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
None taken my friend, I knew all these but not with the 5.0.. I have x pipe with my 2013 v6 and borla s type.. I have zero drone I mean I was in love right away..

The reason why I asked since I'm new to the gt world, I know there's a lot that I can read or listen but nothing compares to personal experience that people are in here in these forum. Everybody has its own preference of drone but thats what forums are for is to talk and share.

I will say this, besides the videos that vendors have up, it is hard to find decent material otherwise. The S550 I feel is still kinda new as far as the aftermarket experience.

Like, if you go to find good used parts, I would almost say don't bother. Same goes for good videos by customers. Like that one I showed you with the H pipe and S Types on the S550 5.0 is like the ONLY video of that setup. :(

I almost wonder if it would be ok to compare what a 11-14 5.0 would sound like with S Types. Because those had an H Pipe stock. :confused:

The best materials I could find are reviews on AM's site, Exhaust clips that AM and CJ has, and AM has some S550 project cars you can check out.

The 2015-2016 GT portion of this forum isn't exactly booming. lol

But I will try to post up my own experiences when I can with my installs. They probably won't start happening until later this summer at a minimum though.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Nice, Very nice.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Man......lol.....

You gotta do some reading and watching videos. I want to be super nice and help you out (which I did), but all of these questions can easily be answered just by researching. :(

Everyone should know that drone can come from poor quality mufflers (Roush for example). We all know X Pipes give Rasp. I am surprised you don't already know all this. :confused:

Not trying to be mean. Just surprised by all of the basic questions.

ROUSH mufflers don't drone

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I had the chance to say goodbye to my baby again today while I'm picking up my registration and my parts... If anyone is interested hit me up.. Ill post pics later..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So parts for sale...

Borla stype someone is interested as of right now, brand new roush splitter, gt500 spoiler, airaid cold air intake..

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
So parts for sale...

Borla stype someone is interested as of right now, brand new roush splitter, gt500 spoiler, airaid cold air intake..

Be a bro and ship me those Borla S Type. Consider it my sticker lookup fee?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
So parts for sale...

Heck yea man there is your full exhaust setup right there! Those S Types will go for about $500 all day long. I can't really comment on the other few things you listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Heck yea man there is your full exhaust setup right there! Those S Types will go for about $500 all day long. I can't really comment on the other few things you listed.

Thanks man the guy who is interested will get a great deal if it goes through..

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Definitely. Not every day a used set of S Types are for sale. $750 new. So it's a huge relief when one can find a set for cheaper. Since they are some of the best mufflers for the 3.7. :D

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Definitely. Not every day a used set of S Types are for sale. $750 new. So it's a huge relief when one can find a set for cheaper. Since they are some of the best mufflers for the 3.7. :D

Dude definitely that's why I'm staying with borlas gotta pay to play... I will post some pics in the for sale dept.. Whoever happen to stumble in this thread pls look me up.. Thanks guys.. Heres some sneak peak..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
PM me more pics of Elmo. VERY interested :lol:

This is my basement which is full of toys from my daughter lol.. It supposed to be a man cave but now it's a kid cave hahaha..

21 - 40 of 283 Posts