Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 283 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Well, you might not want to do that. If you are a newer seller with ebay/paypal, the funds can take 2-3 weeks to become available. Most people send the item once Paypal shows the payment has been made.

Waiting the 2-3 weeks to ship might not work out for the buyer. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
That's basically what people do; ship it once you have the $. You could put that in the description as well.

Respect the classics.
Good idea thanks man I will include that..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Correction to my post, if you request money (not gifting) directly to the buyers paypal email, the funds will be ready in like 15 min. But if you send an official invoice and such, it might take a little longer.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Correction to my post, if you request money (not gifting) directly to the buyers paypal email, the funds will be ready in like 15 min. But if you send an official invoice and such, it might take a little longer.

Wowwww good point I'm learning something everyday..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Everybody meet &quot;raging bull&quot;

Or in a lot of eBay listings sellers require people with 0% feedback; and less than 10 transactions to contact them before bidding/buying. Several ways to protect yourself while selling. All you have to do is put it in the description. Anyone that wants what you have will have to abide by your terms. Sorry, I'm on eBay a lot.

Respect the classics.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Or in a lot of eBay listings sellers require people with 0% feedback; and less than 10 transactions to contact them before bidding/buying. Several ways to protect yourself while selling. All you have to do is put it in the description. Anyone that wants what you have will have to abide by your terms. Sorry, I'm on eBay a lot.

Respect the classics.
Yeah thanks man, I just edited my description thanks for your advice..

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Everybody meet &quot;raging bull&quot;

Very few issues with eBay and PayPal. Mainly because of the seller that effected eBay and PayPal. But man they're quick when you need them. Got orders canceled quick and PayPal refunded my money quicker than canceling the order. They're good about covering you incase the other guy is a fraud.
Believe me I was VERY skeptical at first. Not anymore.

Respect the classics.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
I've been scammed on PP/ebay twice and they were both my fault for trusting the person to make good and not filing a dispute immediately. One I eventually got my money back, one I didn't.

I've done legit hundreds of transactions on PP tho, its very easy and safe. Selling stuff... you wait till the money shows up and then ship. Buying, you pay with a CC so you can charge it back if there are any issues with PP not taking care of any problems.

Biggest PITA is packing and shipping stuff. I just sold a Cobra intake for $250 plus shipping yesterday. Gave the person a shipping quote, they paid, I'm taking it to UPS this afternoon to ship. Done. Not hard.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I've been scammed on PP/ebay twice and they were both my fault for trusting the person to make good and not filing a dispute immediately. One I eventually got my money back, one I didn't.

I've done legit hundreds of transactions on PP tho, its very easy and safe. Selling stuff... you wait till the money shows up and then ship. Buying, you pay with a CC so you can charge it back if there are any issues with PP not taking care of any problems.

Biggest PITA is packing and shipping stuff. I just sold a Cobra intake for $250 plus shipping yesterday. Gave the person a shipping quote, they paid, I'm taking it to UPS this afternoon to ship. Done. Not hard.
Thanks scottydsntknow and everyone here who is giving me advise it was very helpful. I just received the payment waiting for it to be cleared and will be sending the package tomorrow.. Do you know when is the turn around for it to be cleared from PayPal?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
So I have a friend here that has this exhaust setup. I thought because it was a cheaper setup, it would sound like poo in person. But it actually sounds pretty good and fairly aggressive.

Gibson Mustang Catback Exhaust w/ X-Pipe - Fastback - Stainless Tips 619013 (15-16 GT) - Free Shipping

Let me know what you think. This might be one of the few cheaper kits I would approve of. I wonder if that X Pipe can be swapped for an H pipe without cutting....

wonder how that would alter the tone.

EDIT: As I am talking to him, he mentioned it sometimes drones. LMAO! Sorry I was just listening to it idling and revving and it sounded really good. Not sure how to fix that droning problem. We have 3.73s so it could be if you have a different ratio and on 6th on the highway, it might not be a problem. Not sure.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So I'm definitely set my mind on borla stype cat back with x pipe, but there is a selection for 2.5 tubing and 3 inches tubing.. What is the difference for those two sound wise?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
So I'm definitely set my mind on borla stype cat back with x pipe, but there is a selection for 2.5 tubing and 3 inches tubing.. What is the difference for those two sound wise?

I am not too sure but bigger exhaust diameter is good for boosting I believe.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I am not too sure but bigger exhaust diameter is good for boosting I believe.
I might just go with 2.5.. If you find a place that are on sale pls let me know man..

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Niiiiiiice, enjoy the new ride... Looks incredible
Thanks man appreciate that.. Dreams do come true..

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I might just go with 2.5.. If you find a place that are on sale pls let me know man..

So far all I have is AM with their discount code. lol. S Type axlebacks will run about $710 with code and I snagged the H pipe for $131. Will be more next month when the H pipe is off sale.

Good news is I should have the H pipe installed this weekend. So maybe I can get a sound clip of the H pipe w/ stock mufflers.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
So far all I have is AM with their discount code. lol. S Type axlebacks will run about $710 with code and I snagged the H pipe for $131. Will be more next month when the H pipe is off sale.
Perfect that's a great deal since everywhere I see are more than a grand.. I might do that get them separately.. Do you still use the stock over axle pipe? Or is that connected already with the axle back?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Perfect that's a great deal since everywhere I see are more than a grand.. I might do that get them separately.. Do you still use the stock over axle pipe? Or is that connected already with the axle back?

So by default everything is 1 piece. (midpipe/resonator, overaxles, mufflers)

Keep in mind that the new "Over axle pipes" don't actually go over anything since the backend is different now. :D So I guess they would just be called...pipes? lol

So with my setup, I will be disconnecting the exhaust at the resonator to cat clamps. Then cutting behind the huge resonator to remove it. Then I will be clamping in the H pipe.

Then once I get the S Types, I will cut off the stock mufflers. This will effectively make my exhaust into separate parts. Where everything is clamped together. Like the 11-14 exhausts. Imo, this will give me more flexibility to swap stuff out later on down the road if I only want to swap mufflers or only want to swap the mid pipe and try out maybe an X Pipe.

Idk, seems like a win to me. I spend a lot less, I am able to separate my exhaust into different parts (a plus to me), and I get a good setup still.

So I will be reusing what is considered the stock over axle pipes. (once it is cut out)

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
So it is 1200-1300 for a Borla Catback kit. That gives you an X Pipe.

You can buy the S Type Axleback for 710 with the AM code. And the H for 150 or X for 200. This will put you at a big savings over a catback kit. All you have to do is some cutting with a sawzall.

And even if you didn't feel safe doing it yourself, most shops around me said they would charge 150-200 to cut and install the mid pipe and mufflers. Still putting you around 1050-1100 when all is said and done. So you still come out with a little bit of savings. Especially if you were gonna have a shop install your catback anyways (just guessing, not sure what your limitations are to do stuff yourself).

So 850-900 if you get the parts and do it yourself. (non catback)
Or 1050-1100 to have a shop do it for you (parts and labor)

1200 for a catback kit and you do it yourself.
1300-1400 if you have a shop do it for you.

It really comes down to what YOU want to do.

61 - 80 of 283 Posts