Mustang Evolution Forum banner

161 - 180 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Been following this thread congrats on ur new purchase. Also exhaust sounds great and I got a kick of u laughing lol. It's amazing how these cars make us feel as grown ups. It makes me feel like a kid again. Enjoy!!👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Haha thanks, I know i couldn't hold myself.. Specially how nice it sounded compared to my 3.7 with borla stype as well.. It really makes you giggle like a kid..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Today I just wanna say thank you to my radar detector.. I got this new job where I float to every hospital and I just started so I don't know every streets where cops usually stay and on Fridays is where I drop off my daughter to school and I have to hurry up to go to work.. Mind you I didn't really sped just a tiny bit and on this backroad while listening to my exhaust all of a sudden I have this LASER sign in my radar detector so I slowed down right away but not too obvious and there it was a cop hiding in an old bldg but I just got in time to slowed down.. I usually don't turn it on cos it annoys me with false signal but today I'm so glad I did.. Oh a couple blocks away there was another cop sitting in the street. There busy today I guess it's because it's the end of the month.. Crisis overted.. 😥

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I love Florida... I missed my raging bull here but this will work for now...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
My cousin wants me to convert to be a jeep owner and he came from an sti, I said to him no thank you sir, I will leave you to your off roading not my style.. Here's a pic of his Rubicon 2016

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I may have a second toy this thing can climb anywhere..

https://youtu.be/Ff8Vl9yUQmM

Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Just an update while I'm on vacation I bought myself a tint kit front and back, I did this to my old 3.7 and it looks killer can't wait to install it.. It should be delivered by the time I get home this weekend.. And I also get my tinted windows done, I'm debating if I should have it done or not since I can only go as dark as 35% due to regulations. Will see..

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Nice. Some tint is better then no tint. My windows were already tinted by my dealership.

Idk if you plan on changing up the intake but I installed the Airaid tube, AEM dry filter, and capped off the sound tube. I left the back half of the sound tube connected and capped it off as well. Had problems getting my hand behind the engine to pop it out. But it might be for the best if I ever choose to reconnect it.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1464827135.364674.jpg

I will say there is a hair more responsiveness from the car now. Only baffle to get rid of now is the one on the air inlet going into the stock airbox. Might purchase an extra one to toy with and cap it so I have an original stock one to switch back to in case I need to.

They only run like $40 on AM. I like the covered filter look anyways due to the hood vents.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Nice. Some tint is better then no tint. My windows were already tinted by my dealership.

Idk if you plan on changing up the intake but I installed the Airaid tube, AEM dry filter, and capped off the sound tube. I left the back half of the sound tube connected and capped it off as well. Had problems getting my hand behind the engine to pop it out. But it might be for the best if I ever choose to reconnect it.

View attachment 201858

I will say there is a hair more responsiveness from the car now. Only baffle to get rid of now is the one on the air inlet going into the stock airbox. Might purchase an extra one to toy with and cap it so I have an original stock one to switch back to in case I need to.

They only run like $40 on AM. I like the covered filter look anyways due to the hood vents.
Cool info man thanks, I might just leave it stock for now.. First in order is to go with aesthitics.. I'm planning to get the carbon fiber Gt350 spoiler and the mmd grill and roush splitter.. When this is all done I'll go with performance and suspension..

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I have a Jeep too they are a lot of fun View attachment 201860

This is what I want my wife to get the 4 door wrangler jeep.. Correct me if I'm wrong. Are they good in the snow as well?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This is what I want my wife to get the 4 door wrangler jeep.. Correct me if I'm wrong. Are they good in the snow as well?

Hell yeah it is awesome in the snow.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Hell yeah it is awesome in the snow.

Nice I like that same color you have it looks good with black and white in person..

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nice I like that same color you have it looks good with black and white in person..

Thanks I like the white with the black top it was actually kind of hard to find with a 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Guys I have a question on tune I know it might sound repeatetive specially I went through a lot on tunes with my old 3.7 but now I have the 5.0 and it's different animal specially with a manual.. Do you really feel a big difference with a tune? Sorry for a stupid question just your opinion..or should I leave it stock?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Everybody meet &quot;raging bull&quot;

I guess it would also depend on the amount of bolt-ons that it can dial in more/draw additional power from. I would say yes, you will probably feel it. But it won't be a game changer on stock tires and suspension.

With my 2011 3.7, i had no bolt ons and went with the MPT 93 Race tune, didn't feel a difference really.

Maybe others can chime in but I would hold off on that since you have a brand new GT and it is a manual.

On a stock car, you feel the tune more if it's an Auto due to the shift points and such.

If you want a little more throttle response, go with an intake setup like mine or something. My car feels pretty good now after adding it. It won't have nearly as much impact on your warranty as a tune would. Unless you didn't tighten the clamps all the way on the intake and dirt got in. :eek:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I guess it would also depend on the amount of bolt-ons that it can dial in more/draw additional power from. I would say yes, you will probably feel it. But it won't be a game changer on stock tires and suspension.

With my 2011 3.7, i had no bolt ons and went with the MPT 93 Race tune, didn't feel a difference really.

Maybe others can chime in but I would hold off on that since you have a brand new GT and it is a manual.

On a stock car, you feel the tune more if it's an Auto due to the shift points and such.

If you want a little more throttle response, go with an intake setup like mine or something. My car feels pretty good now after adding it. It won't have nearly as much impact on your warranty as a tune would. Unless you didn't tighten the clamps all the way on the intake and dirt got in. :eek:
Thanks man, appreciate your input, I was thinking an intake but you won't really get its full effect when its not tuned and youre right maybe start with suspension, and performance.

I saw a built in YouTube using a GT350 intake manifold, it said it adds up about 20 hp and you'll definitely need a data log and a tune. But definitely it will be in the last build since I'm trying to preserve the warranty..

Kev have you change youre engine oil yet? And how long are you waiting?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I'll probably change my oil at the end of the month. Not sure how long it was sitting in the engine already when the car was at the dealership. But my car has over 2,000 miles right now.

Well, if you get a no tune required intake setup, you should be ok. Getting rid of one of the 2 big baffles and capping the sound tube was appealing enough.

Next up will be capping off the other baffle.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I'll probably change my oil at the end of the month. Not sure how long it was sitting in the engine already when the car was at the dealership. But my car has over 2,000 miles right now.

Well, if you get a no tune required intake setup, you should be ok. Getting rid of one of the 2 big baffles and capping the sound tube was appealing enough.

Next up will be capping off the other baffle.
Cool I might go around 2500 miles still only 600 right now.. What oil are you going?

Do you hear more on engine noise with the intake?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Actually a little less engine noise due to the sound tube being capped. But now i can hear the exhaust better. Which is what i was aiming for. The intake tube and filter was just for a smoother/more responsive take off. Which i did get.

My oil changes are on the house from Ford. So Motorcraft probably. Lol

161 - 180 of 283 Posts