Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just made 1,029 RWHP and 878 RWTQ on the Dyno with 23lbs of Boost through an F1 ProCharger on Rick Wilson's Yellow Blaze 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang.

This was done using ONLY ONE Power Adder and E85 (Pump Gas) making it the Highest Horsepower Coyote/Road Runner in the World.

Current Modification List: Built L&M Engines 5.0L 4V Engine, L&M Engines Custom Cams, Valve Springs, F1 Procharger, 105lb Fuel Injectors, Return Fuel System, American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3.5" Collectors, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, 20” Wheels and Tires, Custom Tuned By Jon Lund.

This is the same car that was featured in the November 2011 Issue of 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine.

Check back over the weekend to see the dyno video.
FREAKING BADASS!

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
FREAKING BADASS!
That's just stupid big horse power!!! Gotta love these new 5.0's , and the boss is already setup for that HP being it has forged internals. That really is the s*** with the stank!!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is crazy!

I wonder what the average MPG for this beast is.

I was reading in the 5.0 Mag about an 839 rwhp beast that averaged a bit over 20 mpg traveling through a couple of states to a show.

This makes me want to cash out some of my 401K and build a MASSIVE beast!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah evolution is doing some good work I have there tunes on my car and I love it honestly I'm beating all my competition lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is awesome! Definitely a testament to the raw power we can get with a built block.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

wnt2gofst said:
It just makes me want to build a block to handle the power.

It is next on the list.
Definitely make a build thread when you do to keep us updated with your progress.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is awesome! Definitely a testament to the raw power we can get with a built block.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Definitely make a build thread when you do to keep us updated with your progress.
LOL...I will. It will least be 2 yrs till I do it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
SICK!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
No issues with Piston#8 with the JL tune??? I have read several threads in various forums warning to steer clear of it because if this issue. Something about offsetting the timing a hair on that piston to give it that "loping" sound. We all know how many "experts" there on floating around the web with their expert advice. I personally did not think it was possible to change the timing on when an individual piston fires.... unless you switch out the cam for real.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually had my motor replaced by ford at 5400 miles cause my number 8 chili dee had a bad piston ring land and it ate away my cilinder and my piston but the problem is the PCM only set a P0308 code a number 8 cylinder misfire it took ford 28 days to diagnose my problem. Here's 2 photos of my piston.

image-2442579292.png

image-2960655981.png

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is not the tune. EVery tuner from Bama/Lund every one has had issues with piston number 8. It is a ford issue. More people is running Lund tunes then any one else tune. He is considered the best for a reason. His tunes are not in the fastest 5.0's in the country for no reason. Some thing no one else can say.

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
It is not the tune. EVery tuner from Bama/Lund every one has had issues with piston number 8. It is a ford issue. More people is running Lund tunes then any one else tune. He is considered the best for a reason. His tunes are not in the fastest 5.0's in the country for no reason. Some thing no one else can say.
Steeda has not had a failure yet of course their tunes aren't as agressive as Lund tunes either:) heard alot of good things about Lund tunes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah wasn't his tunes the check engine light came on while I was idling in a parking lot!!! Scared the hell outta me cause it was a new car, but ford replaced my short block but they did a lot to try and prove it was my fault all I had was axle backs and a tune but I took the tune off before I went to the dealership obviously. They said it was a problem with the early build motors so it was a factory defect I worked at the dealer so I have all kinds of photos of my baby tore apart.

image-1647674710.png

image-1519735288.png

image-9019987.png

image-211691578.png

1 - 20 of 26 Posts