Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read the exaust article , but just want to know if i will more power from this mac exaust system ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463398631&category=33630 ) or if i just put on a flowmaster 40series muffler. i know, it's mac and you guys dont like mac, but it's cheap. and would it be worth the HUGE price differance for the mac exaust ($275 W/shipping) to the flowmater 40 series muffler ($47.49 W/shipping) (flowmaster 40 series: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460954992&category=33636 ) thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What kinda mods do you think you will do down the line??? if anyting serious examples: supercharger, nitrous, cams etc. its recommended that you do duals with an H or X pipe.Theres no problem with using Mac.I have that exact Mac exhaust system. I love it. as for the power gains, on a near stock car, you won't see a big change with which ever you chose.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am putting on my 75 shot of nitrous right now and am going to get a cai and pullys and an intake spacer, but that is about it other then small stuff like plug wires and 2 step colder plugs. oh, and the exaust, but that should be it.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
with a 75 shot you dont need 2 step colder plugs. One step colder or just stock plugs. Here is something I found on the dyno, 1 step colder plugs killed about 11 hp when running without Nitrous. No matter what exhaust kit you get you wont make really addition HP when running N/A.

Who here does not like MAC Exhaust????? Some stuff they make is cheap but they make a good exhaust mufflers and kits!!!!

As far as I am concerned get whatever mufflers yuo want but call around and find a local muffler shop that will put on a Custom Dual exhaust system.

Welcome to V6stangs!!!!! ;) Feel free to ask any questions you want

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help. i know i will probly loos a few HP with the colder plugs, but i want to be safe and make shure i dont get detonation when spraying. i have just herd some people talk bad about mac, thats all. i think i will just put on a flowmaster 40 series and call it a day. thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I did not say not to use a colder plug just dont go 2 steps colder. If you have a flip chip you wont ever have to worry about detonation. when you are gonna juice just switch to the Nitrous program and you get more fuel. Lack of fuel causes detonation not the spark plug!!!!

And I have never heard anything bad about MAC Flowpath mufflers just the crappy suspension stuff they make.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
What I heard with their exhaust systems was that they rust, I also don't believe in duals that leave the Y pipe in there. Cut that thing out and go with true duals. As for Mac Mufflers, I had a set of their Stainless steel flowpaths and loved them. They sound great! I get the feeling you think putting a flowmaster muffler on your single exhaust system will improve your performance? Wrong, your stock muffler will flow better than the Flowmaster, the only thing a flowmaster does better than a stock Mustang muffler is make noise.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
yep the tips rust, I have had the cat back on my car about 3 months now and the inside of the tips are rusting. but anything short of stainless is going to rust. Im looking at getting GT take offs, and just using the flowpaths from the system or just getting some GT tail pipes(from mufflers back),and yes those mufflers are awesome :headbang:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
thats what I was leaning torwards. and maybe a GT bumper...or I was thinkin maybe cutting the system at the mufflers and some stainless tips right infront of the rear tires.what do you guys think :-?

·
Registered
219 Posts
i think before the tires would be nice.

·
Registered
219 Posts
blk2kconvstang. thanks for posting that flowmaster link that is on ebay. i was the highest bidder on a set of flow for my car and it would have cost me $120. thank god i got out bidded. I got me a Set shipped for a few cents over $91. thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Black00GT said:
blk2kconvstang. thanks for posting that flowmaster link that is on ebay. i was the highest bidder on a set of flow for my car and it would have cost me $120. thank god i got out bidded. I got me a Set shipped for a few cents over $91. thanks
no problem glad i could help. how much do gt take-offs cost and where can i get them? and would it be easyer to just make the tips come out before tires like 01mineralgrey6 was talkin about? and what would i need to do this? an H pipe and mufflers?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I was looking at my setup today, and It would be really hard with the mufflers .you would need either really short mufflers, and a sharp bend out, or the mufflers would need an inlet and exit on the same side of the muffler.It would be easier to just have them running out the back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i was looking on v6mustangstuff and they have the take-offs, but what else do i need, just the h pipe adapter like the one from summit? (Kat0back adapter at summit: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PSM%2D82%2D2921 )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts